www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

+3
ORairgunner
donwalk
Squirrel
7 posters

Colors of the www.airgunsinc.org forum

Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Colors of the www.airgunsinc.org forum Empty Colors of the www.airgunsinc.org forum

Post by Squirrel Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:18 am

Well, I've gotten a lot of comments on the colors of our www.airgunsinc.org forum.

Of course, this is an area that will never, ever, find a complete consensus of everyone that makes every single member happy. But I *can* try to meet the majority in this subject.

Problem is, I'm color blind in the most extreme measure. So telling me that we should have a different color, something less or more obtrusive, just isn't going to help me while I try to configure the site for it.

I'll need specific color names. While I cannot use the sliding scale tool to pick out a color that will be close to what is suggested, I can, however, look up the code for a specific color and then input that into the proper field.

While I'm completely open to suggestions, my council has final say so and if you want you color to be considered, I suggest you appeal to Nomadic Pirate, ORairgunner or Jacee2010. To these I differ on all matters www.airgunsinc.org.

If you are as tech savvy as ORairgunner, you may even be able to find a site that has a color you like and then look up the snippet or color name in the code and pass that along to me for a look see.

Or, if you don't know the color numbers of the site you've found, just post a link and I'll take a look and see *if* I can find it and follow the example. No promises: My credentials in all this is a million years old and web site design was NEVER my forte. But I'm trying!

Thanks for any and all input, positive or negative; it all counts to what our members want here.

Thanks all!
    donwalk
    Club Member of the Ranges

Colors of the www.airgunsinc.org forum Empty Re: Colors of the www.airgunsinc.org forum

Post by donwalk Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:42 am

colors look fine to me 'n' i ain't color blind... Wink Very Happy
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Colors of the www.airgunsinc.org forum Empty Re: Colors of the www.airgunsinc.org forum

Post by Squirrel Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:59 am

donwalk wrote:colors look fine to me 'n' i ain't color blind... Wink Very Happy
    tongue And a big rasberry to you too! Very Happy

But good. I kind of like this scheme of things. Helps me tell where I'm at.

Waiting on JC and ORairgunner to weigh in though.
    ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ORairgunner Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi Squirrel:

Could use a little more contrast between the printing and the field on the field to the right of THE
    INDEPENDENT
    free thinking air gun forum
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:57 pm

ORairgunner wrote:Hi Squirrel:

Could use a little more contrast between the printing and the field on the field to the right of THE
    INDEPENDENT
    free thinking air gun forum
    Yea, that's something I couldn't tell to well. I thought it was just me . . . I'll look into it.
    jaycee2010

Post by jaycee2010 Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:03 pm

I had that problem too until I tilted my laptop screen back a little, amazing how that works lol. I still think you have too many colours going on, simple just like me works, lol As long as we can read it Will it is fine , but I did have a hard time with that bright green, I could not concentrate on any thing but the green,boy am I glad you changed that!
    jaycee2010

Post by jaycee2010 Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:05 pm

I see the number of members is slowly creeping up Will, I have invited another one of my customers to join, he sounds very interested, he has been told to invite his friends along too. Got to promote as much as we can and get this site pulling in viewers and new members. Keep it up my friend!
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:29 am

jaycee2010 wrote:I see the number of members is slowly creeping up Will, I have invited another one of my customers to join, he sounds very interested, he has been told to invite his friends along too. Got to promote as much as we can and get this site pulling in viewers and new members. Keep it up my friend!
    Really, Neil, it's not me: It's people like you and the rest that are making this site something to be visted and enjoyed. We are just a spice of what is already out there and I'm pretty happy that we have a flavor to offer.

But without people like you and the rest of our members, www.airgunsinc.org would still just be an idea in my mind, a dream I had one night.

Thanks for all your help, Neil. I can't say it in enough ways how much I thank all that have made all this possible.

But we still need some tweaking: Colors, topics, maybe removing some, I dunno. I hope our public can dictate to us what changes are needed.

But I do carry an overhead that is a little costly though so contributions wouldn't hurt either! Smile

But we are getting there just the same!

Thanks again!
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:35 am

jaycee2010 wrote:I had that problem too until I tilted my laptop screen back a little, amazing how that works lol. I still think you have too many colours going on, simple just like me works, lol As long as we can read it Will it is fine , but I did have a hard time with that bright green, I could not concentrate on any thing but the green,boy am I glad you changed that!
    Yea, I'm working on it. I'm slow as molassas but I'm steady like the next coming day so just give me some time and I'll figure out a general consensus and some type of format that does us justice.

Like Manny said, green is a good choice for the outdoors thing we have going on but still we needed to be able to tell home from elsewhere in the index, etc. He's never steered me wrong. But the rest of you slouches won't give a deffinite color! Lazy bums! Very Happy

What do you say, got some definite colors for me to consider? I can look up the code that way 'cause I can't pick them out on a sliding scale tool like what they have for me to choose from. Ugh! Mad

Still waiting: they tell you one or two days or three for postage? Think I could might get it today?

Be still my beating heart!
    Neil Clague
    Neil Clague
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by Neil Clague Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Squirrel I forgot what state you are in, but usually 2 to 3 days priority mail. My contribution will be coming to you personally sometime in the not too distant future and I think you know what that will be, lol Maybe when my coffers have had time to recover from the project I will advertize on here and help with some funding, got to earn some pennies first though. I am still trying to encourage customers to join and become members, some of them are busy people and it can be a hard sell to make them find the time, but I am trying my friend, all the best, Neil.
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Neil Clague wrote:Squirrel I forgot what state you are in, but usually 2 to 3 days priority mail. My contribution will be coming to you personally sometime in the not too distant future and I think you know what that will be, lol Maybe when my coffers have had time to recover from the project I will advertize on here and help with some funding, got to earn some pennies first though. I am still trying to encourage customers to join and become members, some of them are busy people and it can be a hard sell to make them find the time, but I am trying my friend, all the best, Neil.
    No worries, mate. You've done more than enough as it is.

Your help is priceless and a treasure to the site.

I thank you for your service and efforts Smile
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:34 pm

Ah, have to do the budget tonight. I HATE that spread sheet! Mad

But with it out of the way, maybe later tonight or tomorrow I can persuade my wonderful wife to sit with me on some color selections; If not tonight then tomorrow.

I have heard a lot of suggestions like more contrast here, less brightness there.
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Okay, let's hear it for the new color schemes.

Yea, nay, like or dislike.

Say your piece or forever hold it. Exclamation Smile Smile Smile
    Neil Clague
    Neil Clague
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by Neil Clague Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:58 am

Squirrel you are wearing the wrong hat again, lol I like it but no matter what you do some are going to want something different. I would leave it alone for a while and give it a chance to grow on people. I checked on the delivery date and you should have it tomorrow. Lets keep our fingers crossed, hope you have a bullet proof vest to wear this time, lol Later my friend, Neil.
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:41 am

Neil Clague wrote:Squirrel you are wearing the wrong hat again, lol I like it but no matter what you do some are going to want something different. I would leave it alone for a while and give it a chance to grow on people. I checked on the delivery date and you should have it tomorrow. Lets keep our fingers crossed, hope you have a bullet proof vest to wear this time, lol Later my friend, Neil.
    Yea, on this stuff I'll probably will end up wearing two hats. But that's okay. I only want to wear that other hat when it's really time to wear my cape. Sometimes one just can't find a phone booth to change in, you know? Cool Little stuff doesn't bother me much. My dad used to get into what we kids used to call "Go mode" and you stayed out of the way, didn't take him lightly, and really got in on the band wagon of what the current goal was at at the time or . . . else. You know, serious stuff. I think it will be okay as long as I don't moderate my own threads according to the Code and don't get into go mode as this hat.
    But there is this one color that HAS to go like Tom said. Oomph! Shocked affraid Mad

But, I think, if I try hard enough, I can locate that one and change it to the overall earth tones and greens for outsdoors like the rest of the site. Manny really had a good idea on that one. Lazy bum's been quiet lately though! But, when he *does* imput, it's always noteworthy.

Thanks for the input.

Yea, today should be the day! Again, be still my beating heart!
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:49 am

um, ugh, umm, ugh (the Admin, wearing his cape, clears his throat lookingt at Neil)

"*AS* the Admin . . ."

I've tweaked the colors just a tad bit. It's a bit of bumbling for the color blind handicap but I think I've magaged to locate and change the needed color as per Tom and myself has noted without doing to much damage to what was already acceptable.

Without more suggestion and/or complaint, I'll leave it like this for future response and save this version as a skin for backup data redundancy.

Thank you all for your help, time and patients in the matter.

(Abda removes his cape and eyeballs Neil as he leaves the podium with a head nod and a slight smirk). Very Happy Razz Very Happy
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by StubExt Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Perfect
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:41 am

StubExt wrote:Perfect
    The most informative, well thought out, exquisitely crafted educational post I think I've ever encountered in a post about airguns and the The Independent in general. cheers bounce cheers

Thank you for putting such thought and effort into giving us this detailed response in a post! Wink

Check your Ranking now, Stub.

Flattery gets you EVERY where here! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:29 am