www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

+2
Abda
BlackDog
6 posters

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung

BlackDog
    BlackDog
    Entering the Ranges
    Entering the Ranges

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by ShinSung

Post by BlackDog Mon May 23, 2011 12:46 am

Thank You very much!

I really am new to the whole message board thing and was wondering if I
    could make an inquiry on a particular model I would really like to get my
    hands on, namely the Career 707 9mm Ultra by ShinSung. If anyone here could give me a guiding hand I would be very grateful.
    Thank you.
    B. Dog Twisted Evil
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty Career 707 9mm Ultra: They're hard to come by but you can still get one!

Post by Abda Mon May 23, 2011 9:29 am

Foremost, WELCOME TO www.airgunsinc.org, BlackDog! Glad to have you! Kick of your shoes and stay a while! It's not just a message board, it's a forum for good conversation!

First, like your avatar. Pretty wicked. Looks cool!

Second, let me tell you a little about the Air Rifle you are seeking. You can find a good report about it at these two sites:

1. http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2010/04/shinsung-career-707-9mm-ultra-part-1.html
    2. http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2010/04/shinsung-career-707-9mm-ultra-part-2.html

But I disagree with the pellets they suggest for it. Personally, I like the 9mm pistol bullets but we can get into that at another junction.

Then, you can go to http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Career_707_9mm_Ultra/307 . Click on the “Click for specifications” sign and you’ll get some hard info specifications.

One thing to note about this “Big Bore” Air Rifle is that it is “Discontinued”. But yet, earlier this year, I bought one just the same and I’m a real happy camper with it. Odds are you won’t be able to get your hands on a new one. They don’t make them anymore and is one thing I wanted you to see at PA (Pyramid Air): That they’ve been “discontinued”.

I bought mine from a site called “The Yellow”. But they are sold at auction all over the place on the net. Depending on the condition of the gun, you can expect to pay anywhere from $500.00 to over $1,000.00 for the privilege of owning one. You’ll have to remember that these are really coveted Air Rifles and that it’s about the only Big Bore Repeater (Air Rifle that shoots more than one single shot at a time) out there.

You’ve sort of hit a soft spot with me about this one: It’s the first Air Rifle I chose to start my collection. I HAD to have one and I spent hours upon hours on the net trying to find one. But I had help: When I know it’s okay to put their sign on names out there, I’ll tell you who the two guys were that helped me find mine, but for now, just suffice it to say that without their help, I’d probably still be looking!

What I suggest to you is to go to this site, the Yellow, as it is called amongst the people I know: http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574 and when you get there, sign up for an account. When you have an account then put an ad out for “WTB” (Wanted to buy) Career 9mm Ultra and then put your desired criteria in the description box like what you expect to pay, the condition of the gun you expect to pay for it or whatever but too, whatever you do, be sure to put your contact information in the correct fields.

Too, they have a forum. It is a little different and stricter than www.airgunsinc.org but they’ve been around for a while and their rules serve a purpose. Join the forum there and post your desires. It’s a great place to chat and ask for help in anything air guns. So is GTA but read more about this down a little further.

However, this is no guarantee that you’ll get a response. One thing I can promise you is this: If one of those 9mm Ultras comes up for sale or trade, it will go FAST! Some Seller will put an ad out that he/she is selling one and then in MINUTES that rifle will be SOLD! I cannot stress how much or say in enough ways how much this is true. So, my advice to you is if you use the Yellow to find your 9mm, keep looking through it as much as you can and get others to help you keep an eye on the site to see when and if one has come up for sale.

You won’t find one for auction at eBay. But there are several other auctions available and some of which you can find at The Yellow.

One other piece of advice: When you sign up for The Yellow, get permission to become a poster on the BIO (Board of Inquiry) The BIO is where you will find feedback and I do suggest, if possible, you find the seller you buy from on the BIO to see if he has any black marks against him: Not paying, not producing product, item not as described: You want to adhere to all common sense rules about buying off the Yellow as you would any other place. But I can attest to the fact that, for some reason, Air Rifle people just seem to be different from all other sellers and buyers I’ve ever encountered: They don’t rip people off and they are true blue red blooded Americans, mostly, that seem to be part of a brotherhood that you just don’t seem to find in other fields. It’s one of the things that attracted me to the World of Air Guns for what I use it for: Therapy. Regardless, becoming part of the BIO with permissions (You'll find instructions on how to do this and if you have problems just ask them or us and we'll get you lined out) gives you the ability to post what you think about a particular seller *if* you bought from that seller on the Yellow or elsewhere *if* that seller is on the Yellow as well. You'll want to have others post good things about you if you are a good buyer right? That's a two way street so get in on the ride there and do what's needed to have everyone know what kind of seller or buyer people really are.

I can try to help keep an eye out for and alert for what you seek to other members here to do the same but this is no guarantee one will come up for sale or, that we will find one.

There is one other place you may want to post your interest in this Air Rifle. It’s called GTA. I have nothing to say about the site, good or bad but it does have a lot of members in the Air Gun Field. They have some very good information and top notch members. They’ve been around for a long time but I sort of like the Yellow better---just because the Yellow seems to have a bigger audience for the type of quest you are on: Each has their good and not so good points in the selling and buying department but over all they are both good places. But do post your inquiry there too. You can’t have too many ads out for your type of gun you wish to buy and you’ll need all the help you can get. The site address is http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php but be warned: They are a little strict in what you can post there. Just follow their rules and you should be okay. And do look for someone there selling what you want. They may even be able to direct you to someone that DOES have what you want.

Lastly, at the Yellow, you will find nurmorous links to other Air Guns sites at the top of the page: USE them. It'll take some work to find a 9mm Ultra!

I wish you luck on your endeavor and all the best shooting!

Shoot Straight and thanks for choosing www.airgunsinc.org!
    Abda!
    BlackDog
    BlackDog
    Entering the Ranges
    Entering the Ranges

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty Re: Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung

Post by BlackDog Mon May 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Thank you Sir!
    You would never think I do tech work huh? The avatar is a piece from a really old book titled "Paradise Lost". Glad you liked it. Your response was very detailed and chunky jam packed with leads. I really do
    appreciate the info. I'll be looking out wherever I can until I find one, I hope it does not get to high in price. Thanks again!

B.
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty Career 707 Ultra 9mm Air Rifle

Post by Abda Mon May 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Good luck BlackDog!

You are quite welcome: That's what we are here for! Smile

But do check back here when you can: You never know who will pop in with a suggestion.

Thanks for choosing www.airgunsinc.org!
    -Abda
    BlackDog
    BlackDog
    Entering the Ranges
    Entering the Ranges

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty Re: Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung

Post by BlackDog Thu May 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Meanwhile back at the ranch....
    Tired and frustrated in his quest BlackDog seeks to let his AirgunsInc.org freinds know that he sincerely appreciates his Brothers and Sisters in Arms efforts in his requests and that his own efforts have been less than satisfying. It seems our hero has struck upon one of the rare and most sought after pieces in the market, yet a man cannot walk away from his own story.... and the saga continues... Cool
    Nomadic Pirate
    Nomadic Pirate
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by Nomadic Pirate Thu May 26, 2011 1:32 pm

The 707 Ultra is a fantastic gun, to bad nobody imports Shing Sung anylonger, we have to hope someone will pick them up in the future. BlackDog,...I might sell my Ultra, not 100% sure about it yet, but I might
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty Career 9mm Ultra's are HARD to find!

Post by Squirrel Thu May 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Yea, you certainly picked a whopper for your quest, that's for sure! They are supper hard to come by.

As stated, they are very coveted Air Rifles. But don't give up if you are serious about landing one. They ARE out there . . . just far and few between!

Can't speak for everyone but for one, I'll keep my eye out for you .

Good luck and let us know when and if you land one!

Nordic Pirate has a nice one, BlackDog: You should tempt him. He takes REALLY good care of his equipment. I've seen pictures of it. Nice, very nice.

Thanks for the update.
    (Like your sense of humor too Laughing )

Last edited by Squirrel on Thu May 26, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A post was made at the same time or during mine.)
    BlackDog
    BlackDog
    Entering the Ranges
    Entering the Ranges

Post by BlackDog Thu May 26, 2011 1:45 pm

Thank you Nomadic Pirate,
    I sincerly appreciate that. I did not realize that there is not an active US distributor for this Airgun, that is sad in itself. If you do decide to part with yours I would sincerely appreciate you letting me know first. You can reach me privately at BlackDog@tampabay.rr.com , thank you Sir.
    B. Dog
    BlackDog
    BlackDog
    Entering the Ranges
    Entering the Ranges

Post by BlackDog Thu May 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks Squirrel!
    It's the only way to go in my thinking. Everything is a lesson or a story and in either case we should try to draw out the knowledge and the good, humor is a good tool in order to accomplish this. There is my two cents. At 47, I have not seen it all, but I've seen quite a bit. Life is short, I try to embrace it as best a simple man can. Thanks again for the heads up.
    B. Dog
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty You just met him . . .

Post by Abda Thu May 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Earlier I posted that when I knew it would be okay to post his name? The guy that helped me get mine?

You just met him. Nomadic Pirate acutally found it on the Yellow and give me the heads up.

Your in good hands, BlackDog. You may just luck out.

All the best for you!

Shoot straight!
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty For your consideration

Post by Squirrel Fri May 27, 2011 9:26 pm

BlackDog wrote:Thank You very much!

I really am new to the whole message board thing and was wondering if I
    could make an inquiry on a particular model I would really like to get my
    hands on, namely the Career 707 9mm Ultra by ShinSung. If anyone here could give me a guiding hand I would be very grateful.
    Thank you.
    B. Dog Twisted Evil

I've got a friend looking to turn loose a 457 Jack Haley 400ft pounds or a DAQ 340ft pounds. These aren't offered every day and you'd be lucky to get your paws on either one of them, BlackDog. Almost as hard to get these as it would be an Ultra 9mm.

Post back and let me know and I'll contact him for you: See aobut hooking you guys up.

Interested?
    Neil Clague
    Neil Clague
    Ranger
    Ranger

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty 9 mm for sale on forum 54

Post by Neil Clague Tue May 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Not sure if it is the one you are looking for but here is the link, good luck, Neil
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/message/1306847521/Shin+Sung+9MM
    BlackDog
    BlackDog
    Entering the Ranges
    Entering the Ranges

Post by BlackDog Tue May 31, 2011 3:07 pm

Thanks Neil,
    I really do appreciate that. This model you were trying to alert me to is a fine rifle indeed, it's just not what my I really wanted. Sorry did that sound a bit childish? I may hold out a few for the Career 707. It seems that the model you pointed out is an update to the Career 707 9mm Ultra. I picked a doosey it seems, The Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung is a lever action repeater shooting at about 910 FPS. That is about the same or a bit higher muzzle velocity than that of a .45 ACP in 1911 Colt Auto Pistol! Definitely got my attention. But the saga continues and our Hero, though a bit older he is also a bit wiser now, though a bit more tiresome, he is now more cautious, and even though he is a bit weary he still carries his determination, stay tuned...
    B. Dog
    jaycee2010
    Club Member of the Ranges

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty Not childish at all.

Post by jaycee2010 Tue May 31, 2011 3:55 pm

Hey when you are paying that kind of money for an air rifle why would you settle for anything other than the one you want. I am not really familiar with the various models of Korean air rifles, it was worth a shot just in case you were interested. I know the 9 mm guns are hard to get hold of, even mores so a good well cared for one. Anyway good ;luck with the search my friend, wait long enough and you will find one. In the past I have settled for something and soon afterwards what I really wanted comes up for sale, so I try to be more patient now, lol By the way welcome to the forum, nice to see some new faces. All the best, JC
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Tue May 31, 2011 4:29 pm

BlackDog wrote:Thanks Neil,
    I really do appreciate that. This model you were trying to alert me to is a fine rifle indeed, it's just not what my I really wanted. Sorry did that sound a bit childish? I may hold out a few for the Career 707. It seems that the model you pointed out is an update to the Career 707 9mm Ultra. I picked a doosey it seems, The Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung is a lever action repeater shooting at about 910 FPS. That is about the same or a bit higher muzzle velocity than that of a .45 ACP in 1911 Colt Auto Pistol! Definitely got my attention. But the saga continues and our Hero, though a bit older he is also a bit wiser now, though a bit more tiresome, he is now more cautious, and even though he is a bit weary he still carries his determination, stay tuned...
    B. Dog
    I just gotta say it, BlackDog: Told ya so! Laughing Yep, it's a hard one to get your paws (pun, pun) on for sure. But when I found out how hard it was to land one, I didn't give up. No, Sir, uh, uh and like JC said, not childish at all! As one of a length of time in walking this earth to another, just don't let it get to be the pearl of price and you should be okay, eh?

We are still looking for you. Keep checking back in and keep us updated on your patients at finding one. I'll keep the banner lit up for you until it becomes apparent that something else takes more precedence. Like Motel 6, we'll keep the light on for ya. Wink

I've got my hands full with looking out for the site so I'm not the best to keep an eye on the Yellow or GTA or any of the others that also may be a good place to include in your search criteria. But I'm doing what I can to aid you like a lot of others here at www.airgunsinc.org while we pass on the great help handed us when we were looking to take a bite out of that apple of our eye.

Good luck, Brother!
    -Admin
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty CHECK YOUR EMAIL, BROTHER!

Post by Abda Tue May 31, 2011 7:33 pm

CHECK YOUR EMAIL, BROTHER !

Go get 'em!

Good luck!

Better hurry though! It won't last long!

-Admin
    jaycee2010

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty Possible lead

Post by jaycee2010 Tue May 31, 2011 8:10 pm

Blackdog a good friend of mine Art Burciaga, you may know him, has been selling some of Lou Ferigno's Korean air rifles for him. I have asked him if Lou as any of the type you are looking for that he might care to sell. Art says he has just joined this site so hopefully you 2 can get together and maybe find what you are looking for, all the best, JC
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty Here it is so go get it!

Post by Abda Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:33 am

I'm going to post some pictures of it. I'm *NOT* going to post the link to it because, if I do, it will be bought out from under you.

Two pieces of advice, BlackDog:

1. Regardless of the shape if not too far gone, get it. Even at that price it is a steal and you can have a gunsmith fix it. However, if you don't have one, you can't send it off to be fixed, right? Take my advice and get it being happy with it no matter what shape it is in. Now, don't get the wrong idea here. I think it looks to be in GREAT shape and why I'm posting the pictures.

2. Go ahead and use the "Buy Now" feature. I can almost promise you that this Air Gun will have people at the last minute in a bidding war that will drive up the price beyond what you have to pay otherwise going ahead and giving them what they want for the Rifle.

I've sent you a link with the item number via private email. Randy told Lee and Lee told me. We've networked this for you so go make use of it! This is the best I can do with the help of my friends, BlackDog. I hope you get it because I'm in the hole for helping others the way I've been helped!

If you don't get it then I'm posting it up for grabs. Telling you though, don't waste time with this, get it or it will disapear right before your eyes!
    Attachments
    Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Attachment9mm1.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (39 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
    Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Attachment9mm2.jpg
    (44 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
    Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Attachment9mm3.jpg
    (49 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty If no action from you or notice from you . . .

Post by Squirrel Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:31 am

If no notice or action from you at/of the auction or at www.airgunsing.org or by email or by PM I'm going to post the link to he site that has the Ultra 9mm for sale later today.

Good luck with it, Blackdog!
    BlackDog
    BlackDog
    Entering the Ranges
    Entering the Ranges

Post by BlackDog Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:14 pm

Thank you Gentlemen,
    I have been absent for a few days, my apologies for any messages not addressed. My son has been sick with a stomach virus, he is only eight years old, yes I started late. I have not really sat a my pc for a few days now. It seems that the auction is only one day from fininshing as of the present time. It is doubtful I may be able to bid on this one as it is already nearing the top of my present budget. We'll see I suppose. I want to thank every one here for your support and heads up. Please say a prayer for my little guy if you're into that kinda thing, I for one believe. Thanks again.
    B. Dog
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Want to buy Career 707 9mm Ultra by Shin Sung Empty We'll hang out with ya . . .

Post by Abda Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:02 pm

BlackDog wrote:Thank you Gentlemen,
    I have been absent for a few days, my apologies for any messages not addressed. My son has been sick with a stomach virus, he is only eight years old, yes I started late. I have not really sat a my pc for a few days now. It seems that the auction is only one day from fininshing as of the present time. It is doubtful I may be able to bid on this one as it is already nearing the top of my present budget. We'll see I suppose. I want to thank every one here for your support and heads up. Please say a prayer for my little guy if you're into that kinda thing, I for one believe. Thanks again.
    B. Dog
    Strange how that goes: People say that they don't believe and then, on the death bed, or worried about a loved one, they do the religious thing "just in case". When its family, it can't hurt, now can it? You've got mine with all seriousness.

I appreciate you keeping us updated. There are a lot of people pulling for you. We'll keep the link on the down low and hope the best for you. You should get a bid in though and be sure you are signed in and that you've got all your p's and q's in order for when the time really comes just in case you *do* get the chance to land it. You never know without trying, right?

Been there done that with the payday thing: Still doing it. I understand fully.

Good luck with it and a ‘get well soon” for your boy!
    -Admin
    jaycee2010

Post by jaycee2010 Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:34 pm

BlackDog as a father of 3 boys now fully grown I know what you are going through. Having said that I have to tell you kids are tough my friend and they have us parents worry like hell over them only to pull through and act like nothing ever happened. Keep your chin up bud we are all pulling for you and the little one, all the best, JC
    jaycee2010

Post by jaycee2010 Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:32 pm

Not sure if this one would work for you but there is a Career sure fire 201 9mm up for sale on American Airguns classified section, not cheap but none of them are, lol all the best, JC
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:17 am

jaycee2010 wrote:Not sure if this one would work for you but there is a Career sure fire 201 9mm up for sale on American Airguns classified section, not cheap but none of them are, lol all the best, JC
    I should think it would be okay to post the link to that site, JC. Might make life easier for the one looking. Otherwise the perspective buyer has to peel through a lot of the other site's info. If you've already got the work done, share it with them.

We have no problems in promoting sales and wtb's from other sites. Even good information from other Air Gun Forum would be welcome to post here in the apropos forum.

I figure you know this already but sharing lets all know at the same time.
    jaycee2010

Post by jaycee2010 Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:00 pm

Abda it looks like the gun has been traded but just in case it falls through here is the link. I had not seen anything posted about the 9mm for quite a while so I was not sure if it was still wanted and was not even sure after my last sighting if this was one that would fit the bill, anyway here is the link in case the trade falls through. Whoever is looking might want to post weekly that it is still being looked for, all the best, JC

http://www.airguns.net/classifieds/show_ad.php?adNum=33311&adSort=&StartingAd=0&NumberOfPages=4

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:43 am