www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

3 posters

Career 707 Ultra 9MM

ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

Career 707 Ultra 9MM  Empty Career 707 Ultra 9MM

Post by ORairgunner Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:07 am

Is there any model or year of Ultra that is better than the others? I'm becoming interested in Ultras since Manny posted his new Matts Bullets 100gr .358-.359 wadcutter results.
    Tom
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Career 707 Ultra 9MM  Empty Re: Career 707 Ultra 9MM

Post by Abda Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:14 pm

ORairgunner wrote:Is there any model or year of Ultra that is better than the others? I'm becoming interested in Ultras since Manny posted his new Matts Bullets 100gr .358-.359 wadcutter results.
    Tom

Shame, Tom! Share! We don't mind sharing the links to other sites if they help, right? He, he!

Yea, I got an email before I took out for Florida last week (been gone ALL week, ugh!) from Nordic Pirate about that. I think the lighter grain he talks about are the ones I'd sent him to compare to groups I get in my Ultra to see if he got better with them than I did.

See below for the response and links so that everybody can get a good look at the post at the Yellow you are talking about . . .

Will, I tested your ammo, and others.

check those threads, yours are on the 3rd

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/thread/1319575120/FANTASTIC new Ammo for the Career 707 Ultra 9mm

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1319658102/More .358 groups & Mamba forestock pictures

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1319659295/Shot the .359s

But, in answer to your question, I think it better answered at the great info link below at www.pyramydair.com: You can click on the picture and go there and take a better look as it's an embedded link. Just click on the pic.

But for an easy look see, these are the models of the Career Ultra by ShinShung.

Now, there ARE other models that will and may have the same barrel but they aren't Ultras and we need to make that distinction because the following:

Just note that they aren't *all* Ultras, right? A lot of people get confused and call them all an Ultra just becasue it may shoot the same ammo and this is simply not the case. It's the STOCK that is differnt as most of them, as far as I know, are all pretty much the same except for after market mods and the like.

Regardless, if you can land your grubby paws on one, I'd keep it with release only coming from the white knuckled grip of your dying hands! They are HARD to come by!

I, personally, ALMOST let mine go but that was an error. I must not have been feeling well or something but, whatever the case, I've come to my senses about it as I realize that no one will EVER give me what I think it is worth! LOL!

Cheers!

Last edited by Abda on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ORairgunner Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:17 am

I just responded to an add on the American for one, probably too late. Tom
    ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ORairgunner Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:02 am

Well, that didn't take long, four days after I read Mannys post and decided I wanted one and it is on it's way, I thought they were hard to find?? Tom
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:18 am

ORairgunner wrote:Well, that didn't take long, four days after I read Mannys post and decided I wanted one and it is on it's way, I thought they were hard to find?? Tom
    I want the link, who from and the model number and make.

I want to make sure you are getting an *Ultra*.

They quit making them, no two ways about it.

Unless you bought it used?

When I bought mine I had several people watching the net to help me find one and when I got it, yes, it *was* used.

And, if they started making them again, I haven't heard about it.

I just want to make sure you aren't being taken.

You should call me ASAP. My Spidy senses are pinging like smarter than me here and I'm a bit worried---unless you got it used but you say you "ordred one" and that just can't be unless they started making them and THAT would be news to me. But, of course, I'm not exactly known for keeping on top of the latest and greatest out there either.

Just get with me as soon as you can, Brother.

Things to look for: An Ultra is an in line clip that will shoot multiple shots, has a double air tank reservoir, cocks like a 30.30 Winchester and has the stocks as I've shown above. If you got anything that is like the second list that I showed toward the bottom of the post I made it's not an *Ultra*.

Now, I could be wrong but I don't thing I am, but you may have confused the single shots and the rest with the *Ultra* model.

If I'm wrong I'll appolgize, admit my mistake and, most importantly, cheer for you as I only want what's best for one of my best friends. But this has me worried, Tom. Unless, as I said before, you got it used? And if so, the term "ordered" wouldn't apply and too, you, like me, would be one of the lucky ones in finding one.

Personally, like what was done for me when I got mine, I'd pass on the favor done for me to you and apply all I could muster to help you find one as soon as I knew for sure that you'd be really serious about buy it. But I can always hope that I'm wrong about this, right?

Check your email and get back to me as SOON as you can, okay?

-Will
    ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ORairgunner Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:08 pm

It is used, I was just breaking everybody's chops in the prior post. It's the stock #1 style. Is there any way to tell if Will may have worked on it in the past, does he mark guns he works on?
    Tom
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:35 pm

ORairgunner wrote:It is used, I was just breaking everybody's chops in the prior post. It's the stock #1 style. Is there any way to tell if Will may have worked on it in the past, does he mark guns he works on?
    Tom
    You dog! Evil or Very Mad

LOL, had me going there, Tom. Good one! Razz

Anyway, hover over Will's Advert (Saddle Mountain Gun Smith) or click on his banner and you'll get his email addy. Ask him. I'm sure he'll respond but give him some time to do so as he sometimes gets quite busy. He keeps logs but I don't know if he has a "mark" or keeps up with the serial number or anything. He knows mine by heart, this I know! LOL He's done quite a bit to it and I may send it back for some more tweaking. He's very reasonable and for your investment I do suggest you send it to him for a once over to help protect it as a PM issue if nothing else.

Man, Brother! Don't do that to me! Had me all worried! See you can find places that sell them on the net but Pyramid Air is the only one that puts "discontinued" where the price is so you know you can't order it. Other places will have you order it and everything, they'll get your money and then tell you it's not in stock and sometimes you pay a fee for the return of your cash, whatever. Other's are just scams as this is a well sought after gem.

Anyway, where'd you find it? How much? Auction? Details, please? They may have more later on for our members and it would be a great place to put on a "check list" of places to keep up with in a search to buy one, know what I mean, Jelly Bean?

Well, I'm VERY glad you got one! We can compare notes and all that Air Gunning stuff with them now. Welcome to the club!

Still, Tom, I owe you for that! Considered yourself owed and I'll get you for that! LOL Watch me! But it's apropos I reckon, Halloween and all that, right? affraid

Well, let me get back to the skip traces I was pulling. Ugh!
    Nomadic Pirate
    Nomadic Pirate
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by Nomadic Pirate Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm looking for an other Ultra too, I want one for my truck gun, The Black Mamba has to much money into her to be kept as a truck gun Very Happy but Boy I love my Ultra, such a fun gun
    ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ORairgunner Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi, it showed up today, looks real good, is marked RWS on the bottom. Action is tight and wood and bluing is in good shape. I don't think it has been shot much. Of course it came without the air probe so will have to get one of those so I can air it up. I think I will order some .360 round ball for initial shooting.
    Tom
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:47 pm

ORairgunner wrote:Hi, it showed up today, looks real good, is marked RWS on the bottom. Action is tight and wood and bluing is in good shape. I don't think it has been shot much. Of course it came without the air probe so will have to get one of those so I can air it up. I think I will order some .360 round ball for initial shooting.
    Tom
    I'm pretty sure I've got a probe that fits it. You'll have to give me time to find mine though . . . if you are interested?

Most put a quick connect you can get at PA on it though. I did. Works great.

Lemme know . . .
    ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ORairgunner Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Thanks, I'm interested, let me know what you want for it and I'll get some funds to you. No hurry.
    Tom
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:49 pm

ORairgunner wrote:Thanks, I'm interested, let me know what you want for it and I'll get some funds to you. No hurry.
    Tom
    Nutten.

Let me find it.I've got to locate the original end piece and then match the several I've got to it. Shouldn't take very long. Should be able to find it by tomorrow afternoon.

Favors always work out in the wash between friends. This is the sort of thing this forum was created for . . . right?

Let you know when I've found it. Right now I just got my two 85 lb lap dogs out of the bath tub: Ugh! At the dirt! Double Ugh! When I was out for the week, having their pick of out or inside they choose to stay outside and on the ground, so I've been told, and I now have the results to deal with.

Ugh again. Now they are wet, one with very short hair, the other with very long and thick hair. Have to watch them to keep them from rubbing on all the furniture.

I could hate my dogs if they weren't such good watch dogs and so darn adorable!
    ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ORairgunner Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Don't worry about looking for the probe, I ordered a QC replacement from Pyramyd Air, thanks for the offer, but this will be easier anyway. Tom
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:39 am

ORairgunner wrote:Don't worry about looking for the probe, I ordered a QC replacement from Pyramyd Air, thanks for the offer, but this will be easier anyway. Tom
    Oh, well. This one will just sit and collect dust now. Never been used here. Probably by the previous owner but I never used it.

I'll have to make a box, I reckon, and put all these spare parts in it and take it out to the garage to make room for stuff I actually use.

They must be cross compatible with some other Career model or they've just got a lot of spare parts. I was sort of wondering if you'd be able to buy one. Guess that answered my question. I know you can sometimes find it, and especially the clips for it, on eBay.

But, from the infamous voice of experience, having more than just a spare clip is sort of redundant: The clip won't hold a load by itself---well, it will but you'd have to not turn it upside down and/or figure a way to keep the small catch in place. As it stands, especially with the round ball shot you are going to try, you'll find that you'll accidentally trip the little catch and it'll spit all your shot at you, your lap, and then go rolling off everywhere. I still do that and I've had mine a while now. Just a word about it to help you out. I ran out and bought three clips thinking I'd be able to quick load like a Rainstorm or my Infinity. Uh, uh. Don't work like that.

I've still got it if and when someone else thinks that they may have a need for it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:54 pm