www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

2 posters

Looks like Stub will be the winner?

Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Looks like Stub will be the winner? Empty Looks like Stub will be the winner?

Post by Abda Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:58 pm

Looks like Stub will be the winner by default Exclamation

My goodness!

You holding hostages and witness tampering, Stub? pirat

There is still time, I reckon.
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Looks like Stub will be the winner? Empty Re: Looks like Stub will be the winner?

Post by StubExt Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:51 pm

I have never won anything in my life. scratch
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Looks like Stub will be the winner? Empty Re: Looks like Stub will be the winner?

Post by Abda Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:24 am

StubExt wrote:I have never won anything in my life. scratch

Well, here's your chance!

I can see the crowd roaring now:

cheers AND THE WINNER IS . . . cheers

STUBEXT Exclamation

cheers bounce cheers

Very Happy Cool Very Happy
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by StubExt Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:31 am

Yea!
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by StubExt Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:01 pm

What did I win Question
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:04 pm

StubExt wrote:What did I win Question
    Not yet. But you will if no one else enters by posting here! Give it time, give it time.

I was just being satirical. My bad. Sorry if I made you think so.

You'll have to check the dates up top or at the other place that Tom posted it. I think there is still a while yet.

But you could!
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by StubExt Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:33 pm

You don't think we actually tried to weed through those giveaway writeups. tongue
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:50 pm

StubExt wrote:You don't think we actually tried to weed through those giveaway writeups. tongue
    Ah, well, ya got far enough to find the joint, I'd had hopes you'd of picked up on the dates!

But to tell you the truth, I can't remember them myself! But I know where to get them. That's good enough for me. Besides, Tom put all that first and foremost in the frist few lines. He did a good job, I think. I just don't have a memory worth much these days!

Like your sense of humor, Stub. Very Happy
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by StubExt Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Actually all of my PCPs are touting .25 barrels at this point and I would have to hit Randy up for a trade to JSB Kings. pig
    R&L has the best customer service I have found so far bar none. Ok Hawke Optics is pretty good too but not up to Randy.
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:29 pm

StubExt wrote:Actually all of my PCPs are touting .25 barrels at this point and I would have to hit Randy up for a trade to JSB Kings. pig
    R&L has the best customer service I have found so far bar none. Ok Hawke Optics is pretty good too but not up to Randy.
    Yea, well, I hope more out there could use a free tin or two.

That's one reason too that we thought about scopes and bi-pods and the rest of the other prizes. Should hit the mark with a few out there that could use those.

Yea, I get nothing but good reports on Randy. He's pretty sharp, knows the meaning of good customer relations. We are proud to sponsor him. Lot to offer at one place to.
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:00 pm

OOPS!

Looks like your odds of winning just dropped from 100% to 50%, Stub!

Guess that witness tampering thing didn't get you to far, eh? Very Happy

Sure you got enough hostages over there? scratch

And the drawing continues!

Still, you've got as many chances as there are members and if they enter. Better than a good chance, I'd say!
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by StubExt Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:58 pm

Maybe weigh entries by numbers days since first posting for drawing? Smile
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:55 pm

StubExt wrote:Maybe weigh entries by numbers days since first posting for drawing? Smile
    I've hesitated from responding to this one for trying to work hard in understanding what you are getting at. But I can almost get it but not.

Can you explain this a little more?

Okay, if one guy has 20 days and the other 10 but both are in the same drawing where a name comes out of a hat, how would we do that? I'm just asking, I'm not being facetious.

I think to include that dynamic you'd have to make it a prerequisite of the drawing in the beginning and luck of the draw would not even come into it: You'd be left with just the people who had been here the longest and I'm certain that sooner or later we'll reward our the loyalty of our longstanding members at some point, but I can't see it being done the way I THINK you are saying.

Do I have it right? Or did you have something else in mind?

I'm seriously thinking about opening up a drawing for each prize we have to offer on our list, of course, if that works with Tom since this is his area, now, and concurrently with other drawings at the same time. I'd like to find out what others say about that though.

But, help me out, do I understand your post right?

Thanks.
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by StubExt Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:11 pm

I am just kidding. What I suggesting in jest only was that we get so many votes in the drawing by number of days on the forum so a guy that joined didn't have the same change as someone who joined months ago and has posted many times.

As I type this maybe a fairer way to weigh entries is by the number of posts. Again just in jest. So date joined doesn't matter but 30 posts gets 20 entries, etc.... (30 posts +1 - 10 minimum = 21 votes 0r 10 posts +1 - 10 minimum = 1 vote). Way too much work but it encourages posts. LOL
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:34 am

StubExt wrote:I am just kidding. What I suggesting in jest only was that we get so many votes in the drawing by number of days on the forum so a guy that joined didn't have the same change as someone who joined months ago and has posted many times.

As I type this maybe a fairer way to weigh entries is by the number of posts. Again just in jest. So date joined doesn't matter but 30 posts gets 20 entries, etc.... (30 posts 1 - 10 minimum = 21 votes 0r 10 posts 1 - 10 minimum = 1 vote). Way too much work but it encourages posts. LOL
    Okay, Very Happy we're even then on the jokes. Rolling Eyes

But that's an idea for something of grander scales. Say a whole air gun or something: Yea, I can see it. cyclops

But right now I'm thinking that these are pretty good prizes and they won't be the last. I'll personally dig deep in my own pocket for this type thing from time to time.

As soon as I can afford it, I'm going to to do a $100.00 giveaway in cash. But I have to budget for it, save for it and first gotten all my dues and space paid up at www.airgunsinc.org so I can't say exactly when. And there will be more as time goes on. Just something fun to do, you know?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 am