www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

2 posters

archery as i have been in it

donwalk
    Club Member of the Ranges
    Club Member of the Ranges

archery as i have been in it Empty archery as i have been in it

Post by donwalk Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:19 pm

got my first serious bow in 1979 from Rube Powell (if any of you out there remember him)

since then, it's been bow after bow up until the last 10 or so years when i began to get away from the "wheels" and stay with 'traditional' recurves and longbows.

I've bow hunted and shot up to national level, competitively.

I'm now shooting 40-45 lb recurves and longbows as i can no longer draw heavier draw weight. i find them more than adequate to meet my needs, though.

i don't shoot as much as i used to; age and visits from "Arthur" (arthritis) in my hands now require i use a mechanical release aid.

getting old is NOT for sissies! Suspect Rolling Eyes Wink Smile
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

archery as i have been in it Empty Re: archery as i have been in it

Post by Abda Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:50 am

Going over some unanswered posts I found this one.

You are an inspiration to guys like me, Brother.

Also got me to thinking about a bow of my own. I've got a place to go now, when I can afford to take the trip, that would be great for a bow.

Got any suggestions for me?

If getting old is not for sissies, I guess I'm not one!

I am of the rank and title of age that I can officially hold my shaking fist in the air toward the those young rude hoodlums and declare, with conviction and anger, "you young whipper snappers!"

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:37 pm