www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

3 posters

need 25 or more grain .22 cal pellets for Evanix Rainstorm

Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

need 25 or more grain .22 cal pellets for Evanix Rainstorm Empty need 25 or more grain .22 cal pellets for Evanix Rainstorm

Post by Abda Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:26 am

Well, I knew it. I should have bought bulk for a life time.

I'd found the pellet that my highly modified (thanks Saddle Mountain Gunsmith!) Evanix Rainstorm just loved to shoot.

But, alas, I've run out!

These pellets were JSB HEAVY Ultra Shock at 25.4 grains. They are slightly diablo shaped, more like a barrel and hollow point. Just great for my air gun. It transferred the best rate of energy to impact for the best trauma in small to medium game. I didn't have to worry about pass through so much while, at the same time, knowing that when I made my shot, even in something small as a squirrel, the transfer from energy to complete trauma would be complete.

Using these I've taken down tree rats, (I've stopped counting that number) several raccoons, possums, and have the full believe that I could take down small to medium deer with a well placed shot (head shot). 

But for my back yard (kind of large for the area I'm in within reach of busy roads and other properties, it's exactly what the order called.

But I can't find any now except for the round nose versions that are more like a bullet. I haven't tried them but my knee jerk response is that it's going to be a piercer, not a slapper as well as a piercer. Take a punch to the jaw to knock out a boxer . . . . that's great for what is called. But imaging you would at the impact of a slap to that punch at the same time----that is what I had with the pellets THAT THEY DON'T MAKE ANY MORE! UGH!

I'm open to suggestions here. Desperate, really. I got the others from Pete. (miss ya bud! No talk long time! Same number!) But I wasn't willing to buy in bulk then---hind sight is 2/20 they say.

I'm not looking to pierce---I shoot at just under sonic as it is EVEN with a heavy shot as the 25.4 grain. I'd have to retune my gun for less pressure for anything less than, and I'm guessing, 18 grains.

Do I have any takers? Any help out there in this place I come for such things?

Thank you all for your time and help in advance of any response.

Sincerely,
    Abda, THE sight founder.
    ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

need 25 or more grain .22 cal pellets for Evanix Rainstorm Empty Not here

Post by ORairgunner Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi Abda, if I had some they would be on their way to you, but unfortunately not.       Regards, Tom
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

need 25 or more grain .22 cal pellets for Evanix Rainstorm Empty Re: need 25 or more grain .22 cal pellets for Evanix Rainstorm

Post by Abda Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:09 pm

ORairgunner wrote:Hi Abda, if I had some they would be on their way to you, but unfortunately not.       Regards, Tom

I know you would, Tom. Thanks so much anyway.

Still hoping to locate something heavy for it other than what I'm seeing at places like Pyramid. They do a good job, mind you . . .

Thought about getting those bullet types and setting up my dremel tool as a drill press and ripping a jig to take out the center. By my estimations just that little bit might put the bullet right to the same weight as the ones I can't get any more. Have to see . . .

All is fine as it's ever going to be here, Tom, hope all is well with you, Brother.

Thanks for the super quick response!

Sincerely,
    Abda
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

need 25 or more grain .22 cal pellets for Evanix Rainstorm Empty Retraction

Post by Abda Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:51 am

Hi to all that know me and my writing style and to those that don't.

This is addressed more to those that don't . . .

The air gun in question and otherwise stated in this topic is only a 22 caliber air gun. It will not shoot dear, is not suggested to shoot or to try to bag deer or anything larger than very small game. It will not crack the sonic barrier with 18 grain shot. Close, but no cigar. While it has been modified, it does not necessarily shoot any faster than what is currently on the market---in fact, because of the date of manufacture, it probably shoots a little slower.

I did, in fact, exaggerate in my earlier statements about the air gun.

And while I'm an expert with this particular air gun, but not with the same make and model of any other like it, I can do things with it because I have had so much practice with it and I know exactly what it will do.

It may be a little quieter, but not done so illegally, and it has a larger air tank reservoir than off the shelf models at the time of purchase. I do get a little more in the number of shots, but this is not a lot.

I will not discuss the capabilities of this air gun more in any forum.

I have had a great time to think about what I wrote, the effect my words may have on new to the sport people and what it could be used as in against me---and others must also be concerned with this while writing in any forum.

No one has brought this to my attention. No one has complained. I am very conscience of what people think of the sport and I think my "Tim Taylor" words and "argh, argh, argh, bigger! better! stronger!" while standing around the work shop arena with a bunch of male friends careless and maybe, even, dangerous.

Especially in the current climate of the times.

I strongly advocate the safe operation and adult attitudes that should be adopted in any consideration of any air gun.

Please accept my apologies.

Sincerely,
    Abda, THE Site Founder
    nyhunter
    nyhunter
    Admin
    Admin

need 25 or more grain .22 cal pellets for Evanix Rainstorm Empty Will, i found this on cometas web site

Post by nyhunter Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:07 pm

I can't seem to post a link, but go to cometa airgun s website and open their catalog. they have your ultra shocks listed as they rebrand skenco/ jsb pellets under their own name.airforce airguns imports cometa so they may be able to help you. Hope this helps a bit Smile
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

need 25 or more grain .22 cal pellets for Evanix Rainstorm Empty Re: need 25 or more grain .22 cal pellets for Evanix Rainstorm

Post by Abda Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:07 am

nyhunter wrote:I can't seem to post a link, but go to cometa airgun s website and open their catalog. they have your ultra shocks listed as they rebrand skenco/ jsb pellets under their own name.airforce airguns imports cometa so they may be able to help you. Hope this helps a bit Smile

Send the link to me at willangley@Hotmail.com and I'll get it posted for the general public. My apologies for your difficulties!

-ABDA!
    nyhunter
    nyhunter
    Admin
    Admin

need 25 or more grain .22 cal pellets for Evanix Rainstorm Empty Pellets

Post by nyhunter Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:58 am

Howdy Abda,
     how's it going brother...since i started working overnights, i don't have much time to be on the computer lately. I was browsing last week and noticed top gun has ultra shock pellets listed for sale again, so give Peter a call. Take care and God Bless! I will call you when i get a few spare minutes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:27 pm