www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

2 posters

RWS 34 Tuner

calcutta250
    Entering the Ranges
    Entering the Ranges

RWS 34 Tuner Empty RWS 34 Tuner

Post by calcutta250 Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:17 pm

Looking to discuss tuning options for a RWS 34. It would be nice if the person was in Summerville, SC. 
    I have a vortek kit. Looking for advice and maybe have it professionally tuned.
    nyhunter
    nyhunter
    Admin
    Admin

RWS 34 Tuner Empty Re: RWS 34 Tuner

Post by nyhunter Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:43 pm

First off, welcome to the independant! Second, there are lots of good tuners out there. a few that come to mind right away are Mike Melick at flying dragon. Rob Hawkins,Paul Watts. You will most likely not find anyone local to you. there used to be two gents down there that did good work, but both are long retired
    calcutta250
    Entering the Ranges
    Entering the Ranges

Post by calcutta250 Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:13 pm

nyhunter wrote:First off, welcome to the independant! Second, there are lots of good tuners out there. a few that come to mind right away are Mike Melick at flying dragon. Rob Hawkins,Paul Watts. You will most likely not find anyone local to you. there used to be two gents down there that did good work, but both are long retired
    I have heard there are some around summerville. Retired. Well that sucks.
    I've read a lot about airgun tuning and I'm thinking that I'm going to do my own "tune" for the 34. I also have a 350 but I'm going to wait to tune it. It shoots and sounds good right now.

I had heard there were some tuners in summerville and I would like to sit around and talk air guns. I'm mainly a centerfire shooter. But I can't really shoot centerfire much in Summerville without having to go to a range and I really like shooting in the fields at cans and what not. 

Heck even if these retired tuners want to sit and chat I would love that. I'm a machinist by trade so I'm sure we would have a lot in common. And I'm very keen on centerfire, not so much on air rifles.

If you know a retired tuner in Summerville that just wants to hang out and talk guns and machining that would be wonderful if you could hook us up. And I would not ask him to tune my gun. It would be a conversation about topics that we both hold dear to our hearts.

But thanks for the information. I already have looked into Mike Melick. Do you recommend going through Flying Dragon or the other site that offers his service. I can't remember the name...

Regards.
    nyhunter
    nyhunter
    Admin
    Admin

Post by nyhunter Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:35 am

Mike Melick IS flying dragon. As far as hooking you up with the guys, down there, i don't know the one personally, and the one that i do know is having serious health issues at the moment and not doing well at all. I also tune airguns, but my shop is not set up at the moment, and i won't be taking any work til spring

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content