www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

3 posters

Model 8TM Chrony Printer Paper

Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Model 8TM Chrony Printer Paper Empty Model 8TM Chrony Printer Paper

Post by Squirrel Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:47 am

I need some printer paper for the Chrony Printer Model 8TM.

I can't seem to find any: Any ideas on where to find it? I've given it the Google effort but can't seem to turn up anything.

Any help would be very appreciated.
    jaycee2010
    Club Member of the Ranges

Model 8TM Chrony Printer Paper Empty Re: Model 8TM Chrony Printer Paper

Post by jaycee2010 Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:30 pm

Hey Squirrel it may be a stupid question but have you tried Pyramid and the other air rifle and accessories sellers? They sell the Crony's and if they don't have the paper maybe they can give you a source! God luck my friend, all the best, JC
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:39 pm

jaycee2010 wrote:Hey Squirrel it may be a stupid question but have you tried Pyramid and the other air rifle and accessories sellers? They sell the Crony's and if they don't have the paper maybe they can give you a source! God luck my friend, all the best, JC
    Did get it from PA but they have no clue nor any stock of any such creature. You'd of thought I was looking for hen's teeth.

Did give a look: Tried Office Max, Office Depot, other obvious places and where my wife works at the college. You'd think this paper is cousin to Big Foot. Got the first roll in the printer when I bought it.

But, as you know, I'm expecting a new gadget in the mail soon and I want to do real documented testing for the guy that made it for me and not hit and miss or "'round about" about what the results are. Might as well get the figures straight so I can give an honest report to Will Piatt of Saddle Mountain Gun Smith as well---more so on that because I doubt if my new LDC is going to affect POI or FPS.

Plus, I just like bragging rights when and if I can get them in black and white! Smile

Can't be much. Problem is you can get the paper well enough but just not in the small rolls it takes to fit in the darn thing.
    jaycee2010

Post by jaycee2010 Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Try looking on the printer for some kind of contact info, if you contact the company they should be able to put you in touch with a supplier, that is if they do not sell the stuff themselves. Good luck my friend, Neil.
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:20 pm

jaycee2010 wrote:Try looking on the printer for some kind of contact info, if you contact the company they should be able to put you in touch with a supplier, that is if they do not sell the stuff themselves. Good luck my friend, Neil.

Silly me? Why didn't *I* think of that? That's the first thing I used to do about drivers and such with computer parts back in the day.

It never occured to me. Go figure. On the inside looking in, I guess. I'll do that. Thanks for the feed back!

Hopefully I can get some place that way!
    Neil Clague
    Neil Clague
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by Neil Clague Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:37 pm

ahahha sometimes the most obvious is the last thing we thing of. I often put things out there because a fresh though or fresh pair of eyes can often see things right in front of you that you have missed. Good luck I hope they can help you, if they can't then who can?
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Neil Clague wrote:ahahha sometimes the most obvious is the last thing we thing of. I often put things out there because a fresh though or fresh pair of eyes can often see things right in front of you that you have missed. Good luck I hope they can help you, if they can't then who can?
    Yea, I know exactly what you mean. My Dad used to call it wearing blinders:

See, one day, he sends me off to get this one red screwdriver. Well, he kept things a mess that only his mind new an order of things. So I took a while fetching it looking and looking before I found the one I knew he wanted.

So, when I get back, he asks me, "Did you see that blue one?"

"Blue what?" I say.

"Blue screwdriver" he says.

"Um, um, I . . ." I stammer.

"Yea, let that be a lesson to you, son. You put red screwdriver blinders over your eyes. Don't do that. Makes you look silly." he says to me looking over his glasses at me, then wipes the sweat from his brow and goes on like I'm supposed to know what in the Sam Hill he is talking about at the age of ten.

I never forgot that. Not that I don't still wear those red screwdriver blinders, mind you, but I do try not to when I can.

It was about 3 years later, when we were going down the road, all 5 of us in the car for some trip to town for some uncommon occasion that I saw a horse pulling a buggy with these funny things on his eyes like what they used to put on the mules when we cropped tobacco. I asked my dad what they were: "Those are called *blinders", son. They put them on his eyes so he can't see things that might scare him or distract him . . ."

And that's the REST of the story, as Paul Harvey would have said, at some 41 years ago.
    Neil Clague
    Neil Clague
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by Neil Clague Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:23 pm

You got me on this one, why was he asking you about seeing the blue screwdriver, did he really want the blue one and not the red one?
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:57 pm

Neil Clague wrote:You got me on this one, why was he asking you about seeing the blue screwdriver, did he really want the blue one and not the red one?
    Oh, he wanted it alright. But he used something else while waiting on me. His point was that if you put yourself in a state of one track thinking, you won’t' see other things because you have "blinders" on your eyes stopping you from seeing what is right in front of you. I got it at 13. (edit) I was looking so hard for the *red* screwdriver that I couldn't have told you if the darn shop was on fire that I had to go to to get the red scredriver: That's where my focus was. (end edit)Took me some time but I never knew what "blinders" were before that even though I'd seen them a million times out in the field. I just never thought about it.

My thinking was "paper" and to me this meant Office Max, Office Depot, a paper store, etc. I had blinders on my eyes not letting me see the answer right in front of me because I was focused on a set way of thinking.

You'd have to know my Dad. Man of VERY little words (Makes you wonder if there was a stranger in the wood pile, eh? What with the way I run off at the mouth!) When he spoke to me, it was never really as a friend: Always the teacher; Always a point to make. That part, that last part, I think *did* get passed down to me though.

The setting for this was 1970 and Dad did all his own car work, pickup truck work, etc. I remember he had one P/U truck he put three engines into before he got a newer one. If I remember correctly, he had to work on that one too. But I was flashlight holder and tool fetcher and all the time, he'd be telling me things like, "See this? You gotta take this off before you can get to it . . ." etc. I'd always nod my head, say "Yessir" and be wishing I could go play instead of fighting off the mosquitoes and flies in the sweltering heat of Florida.

Just a thing that I remembered. But that’s why I hadn't thought about calling the company: I was wearing blinders and not seeing what was right in front of me.

Last edited by Abda on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Neil makes a point of my ambiguity ane what I was meant to learn.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:33 am