www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

+3
roachcreek
Abda
nyhunter
7 posters

does anyone have any interest in having a postal match?

nyhunter
    nyhunter
    Admin
    Admin

does anyone have any interest in having a postal match? - Page 2 Empty does anyone have any interest in having a postal match?

Post by nyhunter Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

honor system, make up a few different categories. you scan your target or take a pic with a measuring device included, and post them here.just a thought to pass the time, and have a bit of fun. if any one is interested, speak your mind. we could do pistol, springer, pcp, and big bore, and at different ranges, just to name a few. any other ideas welcomed!
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

does anyone have any interest in having a postal match? - Page 2 Empty Re: does anyone have any interest in having a postal match?

Post by longhunter Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:55 am

thanks griz! i can and have done better, though. and i will be posting more, as time permits.
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

does anyone have any interest in having a postal match? - Page 2 Empty Re: does anyone have any interest in having a postal match?

Post by Abda Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:27 am

I went back and posted the missing pics. Not a problem . . . And being lazy about my member name I'll just say Squirrel is still in . . . he's working on it . . .

Just saying . . . Smile
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:32 pm

thanks abda. i'm still learning how to figure out these new computers. the last real experience i had with them , we still programed them in binary code, THAT i was good at Rolling Eyes . WOW, i really dated myself on that one.
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:49 pm

longhunter wrote:thanks abda. i'm still learning how to figure out these new computers. the last real experience i had with them , we still programed them in binary code, THAT i was good at Rolling Eyes . WOW, i really dated myself on that one.
    No prob.

For the emotiocons just put a space before your emtiocon. Can't let it be head to back of the next word or letter.

Fixes it easy enough.

Baby steps . . . Smile
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:50 am

gotcha. never knew about spacing them out. most times i can get by pretty well. biggest problem is remembering how i got from point a to point b the next time i try to do the same thing. Wink
    grizzlyadams
    grizzlyadams
    Ranger Plus

Post by grizzlyadams Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:25 am

well, today i have the time. hopefully the wind will hold out! yesterday we had 40mph gusts and about 20mph steady winds!
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:44 pm

well.......TAP....TAP...TAP...we're waiting......TAP...TAP...TAP.... Laughing .
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:34 am

well griz, did you get out like you planned? inquiring minds want to know!
    grizzlyadams
    grizzlyadams
    Ranger Plus

Post by grizzlyadams Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:14 pm

haven't yet Neutral . had two exams last week. (went back to college!) i did however blow through a whole semester in my gunsmithing course and wound up with an A+ cheers does anyone have any interest in having a postal match? - Page 2 1497655283
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:59 pm

at least it wasn't a total waste of time Very Happy . does that mean we can count on you for some mad airgunsmithing? or, do we still have to " wing it " ?

does anyone have any interest in having a postal match? - Page 2 1497655283 congrats on the good grades! keep it up.
    grizzlyadams
    grizzlyadams
    Ranger Plus

Post by grizzlyadams Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:42 pm

i've been tweaking my own stuff for ever, and i do all the airguns that come into the local shops. when i get shop set up. start looking for some extreme stuff built on airforce platforms to come out of here! nuff said for now. i also build some pretty nice powder burners, albeit just for myself till i finalize my ffl. Laughing
    grizzlyadams
    grizzlyadams
    Ranger Plus

Post by grizzlyadams Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:46 pm

once i build my own machine shop, look for complete custom built from the ground up hunting airguns. i have a few designs drawn up that i'm gonna build up and see whats what! Very Happy hopefully it will all come together before i leave this earth,god willing!
    grizzlyadams
    grizzlyadams
    Ranger Plus

Post by grizzlyadams Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:06 pm

woohoo, got time to shoot today and we don't have hurricane winds. i have to figure out the pic posting thing again,but i have some pics to show off. i started with my rws48 to1 in 22 cal. at 30 yds(back hurts and didn't want to pump the career!) i'll get the pics up as soon as i figure this out again! Embarassed
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:34 pm

that was last wednesday. what happened? you know the rules, no pics, it never happened Razz Razz .
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:26 am

longhunter wrote:that was last wednesday. what happened? you know the rules, no pics, it never happened Razz Razz .
    Got me chuckling here, Mr. Long..

Let's kill two birds with one stone and get Griz to give me a time to call him so I can help him with that.

Just say when Griz and I'll give you a ring to get you started.

And, while I'm at it, I guess I have to come clean. My RS has a broken spring. Oh, nay sayers, it's really true! I swear it is! But I haven't had the time to send it in for repairs.

And, no, I won't fix it me self. Too much tied up into this one for me o go plundering around in it and mess up more than I intended to fix.

But I'll get there. Just taking me a little more time than I wanted. Bout all I can do for right now is post those pics of 10 groups shots at 35 yards---a mere smidgen of the distance you guys shoot!
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:50 pm

Okay, my feeble attempts to stay in this race . . .

First, my RS is down. Got to have it fixed. But I *did* just take out a squirrel in the local pecan tree with my Infinity. As far as yardage goes, it was only about 20 yards so no comp there. But I haven't set this one up for competition yet so I can't use it.

However, I *did* drag up the one pic of 10 shot groups. Each group has an eleventh shot that told me I was in need to reload. I shot "off" target on purpose so that it would be easier to see the POI.

But, again, fellers, this is only at 35 yards. It's done with a .22 caliber Kodiak at 21.14 grain and my RS's favorite pellet. I've hit some pretty far target with it but, I hesitate to say if it could stand up to the long shots that you guys are hitting. I think, in all honesty, about 50 yards, unless I change the pellet to this other pellet that I know has some great slippage against the air but just as accurate.

For now, this is all I can do. What I'd REALLY like to do it take some shots with ONE to each targeted bull's eye aiming, this time, for the bull's eye.

But, for right now, this is all I can produce. It's an effort regardless instead of sitting back and doing nothing at all!

Now, do notice the real live quarter I put on the scanner before I scanned in this target result. It's there for obvious reasons and gives true perspective. But, in closing, this is off of ONE fill, and every 11th shot! This means 33 shots total!
    does anyone have any interest in having a postal match? - Page 2 35yrd10stgrps
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Okay, you guys just gonna snicker behind me back or call me the novice I am? Something? affraid

I don't think that bad for 35 yards. Or is it?

And hey, what's the qaulifier here? Griz never said what one had to qualify at.

Well, off ot bed with my larg butt. Lots to do 2morrow.

longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:47 am

not too shabby, but, we expect better Razz . and, the quarter doesn't count. read the rules HA HA!

just busting balls.
    grizzlyadams
    grizzlyadams
    Ranger Plus

does anyone have any interest in having a postal match? - Page 2 Empty group, rws48 to1 22 cal cp 14.3 @30yds

Post by grizzlyadams Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:18 am

Very Happy
    Attachments
    does anyone have any interest in having a postal match? - Page 2 Attachmentdownload.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (13 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
    grizzlyadams
    grizzlyadams
    Ranger Plus

Post by grizzlyadams Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:22 am

woohoo!!! i figured it out!! that is a 5 shot group at 30 yds. slight breeze right to left. not a pick and post either. that the first group i shot that day. if i can get out of the wind i'll shoot a group at 50 and enter that also. keep in mind it's a magnum springer now! Very Happy also that is outside to outside, so if you subtract .220 to get ctc. it's a .379 group

Last edited by grizzlyadams on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    grizzlyadams
    grizzlyadams
    Ranger Plus

Post by grizzlyadams Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:23 am

squirrel, dem's look like all dead critter groups to me!!! Very Happy
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:09 pm

I gotta head down south again. Sucks. That was my "fix my RS $". (Will send you something on this Tom and the other Mods)

I don't have time to fix up my Infinity to do good target shooting right now. But I will. It's still good enough to catch a tree rat hiding behind a limb though. Got me 'nuther one today. What I like about that Infinity with the high FPS and 32.4 grain EJ is tha you can cut a twig or a quarter inch of tree off and still hit the bugger. Love that AG, man.

Thanks, Griz. I'm trying. I want to do one shot per bull's eye.

I did the quarter because it was easier to lay it on the flat bed scanner. I COULD have broken out my mic and done the measurement taking a pic but, well, lazy bones that I am and rushed at the time I was . . . Um, I'm sure I can find another excusse in there SOME place---Mr. Long, Smile

But seriously, I think I can do better. But, you have to admit, 35 yards isn't that much. I need to get more reach to hang with you guys and I will, watch and see!
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Fri May 04, 2012 5:05 pm

nice group, squirrel Very Happy . who'd you say shot that for you? Razz . we all know s*** happens, you'll get around to posting more when you can.
    roachcreek
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by roachcreek Fri May 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Here is my 250 yards and beyond group.

I shot at 280 yards for a handicap.

Best of luck. Razz

Regards,

Roachcreek

does anyone have any interest in having a postal match? - Page 2 DSC06951

does anyone have any interest in having a postal match? - Page 2 DSC06953
    grizzlyadams
    grizzlyadams
    Ranger Plus

Post by grizzlyadams Sat May 05, 2012 10:48 am

that one heck of a group roach! my bullet shooter project is on hold for a while. as for matching you,.... at least in distance. i have to go up to the farm on a calm day. i can get 300 behind the house, but i have new neighbors and i don't know if they are ok yet so i haven't even been shooting my loud guns, just springers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:45 am