www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

4 posters

the bittersweet irony that we call life....

grizzlyadams
    grizzlyadams
    Ranger Plus

the bittersweet irony that we call life.... Empty the bittersweet irony that we call life....

Post by grizzlyadams Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:40 pm

today i noticed that the heat pad under my boa constrictor's bit the dust(the wife and i have a pair of boas and a ball pythons) so i had to change it out.this was my male's tank. his winter home is smaller(60 gallon acrylic) because it's easier to keep warm, but the tank is still heavy, even without 30lbs of boa in it. as i held the tank with my right hand to put the new pad underneath it, i lost my grip and dropped it on my trigger finger Mad effectively removing the whole tip of my trigger finger in the process. as i stood there reciting every cuss word i could think of while my wife got some gauze, old bubba looked up at me as if to say "why you gotta wake me up like that, pop?"then the wife kindly reminded me"that's your trigger finger honey, how are you going to shoot like that?" DOOOHH!!! my friends and i HAD been set to start our weekly rifle matches this coming week! just my luck! Embarassed daddy always told me" if your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough!" Laughing rant over!
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

the bittersweet irony that we call life.... Empty Re: the bittersweet irony that we call life....

Post by Abda Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:43 am

Hope you don't lose any feeling in it. Wish I could offer some sage advice but I can't.

All I can do is identify with you:

I use to sharpen my pocket knife by moving the whet rock between my thumb and forefinger really fast, back and forth, over the blade.

Yup: I cut the end of my thumb off!

Dad just told me that he thought the knife was sharp enough and went back to watching Bonanza.

And with that being said, I say the tank has gotten to it's destination, and is fine right where it sits now. Smile

Tough part is, is that it's cold up there about this time of year and the blood withdraws from the extremities in cold weather so don't just make sure it doesn't get infected, take note to keep that finger warm too, Guy.

Good luck with it.
    roachcreek
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

the bittersweet irony that we call life.... Empty Re: the bittersweet irony that we call life....

Post by roachcreek Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:38 pm

I used to be very much into competion, lacerated the pad on my trigger finger severely two days before a match.

Big itme distraction, I went ahead and drove the 5 hours to the match, and shot and drove the 5 hours back. Would have been better without the distraction.

Another time I was putting 45 degree angle on some of those cedar strips they had in the late 70's with a guide and a razor knife. Sad we are old enough to remember them. The razor knife road up over the guide, and severed the tip of my finger with about half the finger nail.

I went to the Hospital ER and got it all bandaged up and a tetnus shot, went to work that night working the desk instead of the road, and was running a DMV check for one of the guys when the vessels broke loose from their severed shock and drenched the keyboard, which I had to then clean up, one handed.

Heal up.

Regards,

Roachcreek
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:23 am

hope you're ambidextrious. you're gonna have one hell of a time picking your nose, for a while!Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:48 am