www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

5 posters

True Carbine Rainstorm

Saddlemountain
    Range Master
    Range Master

True Carbine Rainstorm Empty True Carbine Rainstorm

Post by Saddlemountain Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:39 pm

In response to requests for the Rainstorm to be quieter than a Marauder even though the RS is generating more fpe I fitted a few guns with a shroud about 22" long like the older style RS had instead of the "new" carbine length 19" shroud. Well that is effective at suppressing the noise, but of course makes the gun longer. Being a very big fan of carbines I decided to see what could be done by shortening the barrel instead of lengthening the shroud. I cut the barrel length, from the breech end to preserve the choke, from 17" down to 13". I then turned down the barrel diameter for additional weight savings. The barrel is supported by the shroud and barrel band anyway. I made an 18" x 1" OD carbon fiber shroud with efficient internals. To further reduce weight I removed the 4 oz adjustable butt pad and filled the dovetail with a black plastic insert. With a light scope, air, and a full mag the gun is 7# even and could drop another 2 oz with a foster fill retrofit. It is still is capable of 20 good shots at 40 fpe. with EJ 28 gr. pellets and quiet. I detuned it to shoot JSB 16 gr at 950 fps and am getting quite a few 1/2" 5 shot groups at 50 yds. At that power level I get 3 mags/fill. Here she is 36" OAL (the gun, the model is 44").
    True Carbine Rainstorm 008-1
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

True Carbine Rainstorm Empty Re: True Carbine Rainstorm

Post by Squirrel Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Saddlemountain wrote:In response to requests for the Rainstorm to be quieter than a Marauder even though the RS is generating more fpe I fitted a few guns with a shroud about 22" long like the older style RS had instead of the "new" carbine length 19" shroud. Well that is effective at suppressing the noise, but of course makes the gun longer. Being a very big fan of carbines I decided to see what could be done by shortening the barrel instead of lengthening the shroud. I cut the barrel length, from the breech end to preserve the choke, from 17" down to 13". I then turned down the barrel diameter for additional weight savings. The barrel is supported by the shroud and barrel band anyway. I made an 18" x 1" OD carbon fiber shroud with efficient internals. To further reduce weight I removed the 4 oz adjustable butt pad and filled the dovetail with a black plastic insert. With a light scope, air, and a full mag the gun is 7# even and could drop another 2 oz with a foster fill retrofit. It is still is capable of 20 good shots at 40 fpe. with EJ 28 gr. pellets and quiet. I detuned it to shoot JSB 16 gr at 950 fps and am getting quite a few 1/2" 5 shot groups at 50 yds. At that power level I get 3 mags/fill. Here she is 36" OAL (the gun, the model is 44").
    True Carbine Rainstorm 008-1
    NICE work!
    REALLY!
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:58 pm

the kid looks too happy. you didn't by chance tell her that it was hers, just to get her to smile for the camera, DID YOU???????
    Saddlemountain
    Range Master
    Range Master

Post by Saddlemountain Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:37 am

Longhunter, no but she can shoot. I started at 3 yrs and her before that.
    True Carbine Rainstorm DSC_0168
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:01 am

Saddlemountain wrote:Longhunter, no but she can shoot. I started at 3 yrs and her before that.
    True Carbine Rainstorm DSC_0168
    Don't know to be took back by the youth of the girl or seeing Will so young!
    Rescue35
    Entering the Ranges
    Entering the Ranges

Post by Rescue35 Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Nice work Will. I'm looking forward to my new 9mm Rainstorm in the near future. I might have to get one in .22 or .25 now that the Marauders are gone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:43 am