www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

2 posters

Another air-nut...

PETER
    PETER
    Club Member of the Ranges

Another air-nut... Empty Another air-nut...

Post by PETER Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:26 am

I noticed I never introduced myself. I have been enjoying airguns since the mid 80's and pellet guns since late 60's or 70---plinking, hunting and competition. I carve custom gun stocks mostly from exotic woods as a hobby. I also help my dad [Topgun-Airguns] with customizing and sales, even though I work full time elseware.

You can ask me what my favorite airgun is-----if you have the time to listen Smile
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Another air-nut... Empty Re: Another air-nut...

Post by Squirrel Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:50 am

PETER wrote:I noticed I never introduced myself. I have been enjoying airguns since the mid 80's and pellet guns since late 60's or 70---plinking, hunting and competition. I carve custom gun stocks mostly from exotic woods as a hobby. I also help my dad [Topgun-Airguns] with customizing and sales, even though I work full time elseware.

You can ask me what my favorite airgun is-----if you have the time to listen Smile
    Do you have some pictures of your wood work? Something personal? Why would a guy want to change the stock? I've seen your web site. Very kewl looking stuff.
    PETER
    PETER

Another air-nut... Empty Why get a custom stock....

Post by PETER Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:17 am

There are a few reasons to get a custom stock; one frequent reason is you love the art of shooting ie. the intrinsic beauty of the gun AND the stock [just like loving the beauty of a car or painting]. Aother reason is you need a stock to fit better than 'standard off the shelf'. Some shooters need an extra long LOP others may need something w/ a larger [or smaller] pistol grip to be able to shoot more enjoyably. Still another reason for a custom stock is; you want to shoot a specific shooting sport and want a stock made to fit YOU personally. Lastly I think another reason for a custom stock is; your stock had an accident and the duct tape just ain't holding
    lol!
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:01 am

Another air-nut... 1491851480

Like your sense of humor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:15 am