www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

3 posters

I fudged Through it and it is on its first fill.

StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

I fudged Through it and it is on its first fill. Empty I fudged Through it and it is on its first fill.

Post by StubExt Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:14 pm

The Shoebox isnt too loud but that 6 gal tank is obnoxious when it kicks on. Definitely need the door closed.
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

I fudged Through it and it is on its first fill. Empty Re: I fudged Through it and it is on its first fill.

Post by StubExt Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:36 pm

How do you guys use your compressors so much? I shoot every day and am figuring I will top off one 44 cf SCBA tank maybe once every other week at most. I get about a dozen 500cc fills with a full tank and most of my guns do about 40 shots per fill except for the Condor with the R&L valve that does about 20. Thats a heap of shooting. So that would be maybe 3 hours every other week tops.
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

I fudged Through it and it is on its first fill. Empty Re: I fudged Through it and it is on its first fill.

Post by StubExt Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:27 pm

I only have 4500 tanks. What brought it up was I was using my .25 pellets up and i keep 7000-8000 pellets in inventory. I am buying 8 more tins of JSB Kings this go around (350 ct).
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:54 pm

FYI:

I finally hooked up my second Shoebox compressor. I'm running both off the one Porter Cable.

The FYI here is that the PC runs them both without a problem. The PC does kick on a bit more but not much. It's VERY cool! I'm filling at a REALLY good rate.

I'd ran my Air Hog 88 CF down to less than 3K PSI---around 26 or so and thought it was time.

Right back up to 42K (where I take mine and leave it) and the compressor would kick on and stay off for a while then kick back on ever so often.

That extra line off the PC works great for this.

Just an FYI.
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by StubExt Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:11 pm

So how long did your 88 Hog take on 2 Shoeboxes?
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:49 pm

StubExt wrote:So how long did your 88 Hog take on 2 Shoeboxes?
    Couple of hours, give or take to get back up to where I like it.

But that's not from empty.

I'm WAY behind on the material I'm supposed to be posting, the things I would like to quantify, show off, etc. I just posted that for you so you'd know your PC *will* handle two Shoeboxes.

But too, I shut mine down during this time frame for a while just to let it cool down plus the fact that one of the Shoeboxes is new and needs a bit of extra attention.

One day I'll dump the entire tank and start fresh and time it out.
    grizzlyadams
    grizzlyadams
    Ranger Plus

Post by grizzlyadams Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:50 pm

i think you guys have made my mind up about what i am going to do when my old truck sells. i was going to work on another condor build, but with all of the pcp guns i have in my stable, i think it wise to get myself a shoebox before getting another gun! no more nitrogen refills or hand pumping for me! i've seen the light!lol
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:56 pm

I liked mine so much I bought another one. Then I bought a rig from Joe (links to Tom Kaye's Shoe box and the air tank can be found on the side pane of this page) to make them able to pump into one tank at one time.

I've tabled that project due to health reasons but can't wait until I get back to it. I'd hooked them both up a the same time and yes, the entire rig works perfectly but I need to do some maintenance to the check valve on the one I had first. I'd misreported that it took me x time to fill the tank, I thick I said 2 hours but that is an 80 cubic feet tank, mind you. At any rate, I got it wrong. I'll be able to address this more and more accurately at later on.
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by StubExt Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:52 pm

After 6 months of having a Shoebox I can say it is great to have independent unlimited compressed air. I really dont run it that much yet I shoot some nearly every day. I keep two 44 cu ft 4500 SCBA tanks topped off. I suspect that it could be a year or more before o-ring maintenance is necessary. I have dried the dessicant crystals in the filters only once so far. My tanks are both 7/2007 so they need 5 year inspections but I will do them one at a time. They dont get much flexing with this kind of usage since I rarely let one go below 2800 psi. Actually the inspection is harder on them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:23 pm