www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

2 posters

Heavy Slugs

StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Heavy Slugs Empty Heavy Slugs

Post by StubExt Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Well Randy set me up with a modded valve and .25 barrel in my Condor and I have been shooting some third party 62 grain slugs at about 850 fps and 100 fpe. They do have hunting accuracy - under 1" at 50 yards but I found that some of the home casting types have cast and sized a .25 52 grain pistol slugs that two folks are claiming are very accurate with the Lothar Walther choked barrel and I am going to be getting my mitts on just a few of them to try. They are getting them flying about 920+ fps for near the same energy with a hi-flo valve and a higher top hat setting .098 - .104 and stock striker and spring. I think I can push mid to upper 900s with my setup. Is anyone else using solid cast slugs successfully for hunting at maybe longer ranges? Thanks in advance.
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Heavy Slugs Empty Re: Heavy Slugs

Post by longhunter Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:53 pm

i've been wanting to try those pistol slugs, but i was going to wait on purchasing the molds until i heard more input on their performance. let me know how they shake out.
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by StubExt Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:07 pm

A second guy is sizing them to the same spec as the original developer and he claims they are real accurate and is sending me a few to try. For close-in hog hunting the guys are using the 62 and 70 grain Surefires but i am looking for coons and opossums out to maybe 125 yards if I can get it. I think the 52 grains sound great if they are accurate. With my setup I should get close to 20 good shots with 490 cc. I am using the 62 grain Surefires for calling in an occasional coyote (30-40 lbs) but most of my hunting is the smaller varmints under 15 lbs.
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by StubExt Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:49 pm

The Eun Jins are about the same. JSB or H&N needs to kick out a 50 grain .25 pellet with good accuracy given the current power of these PCPs for the choked barrels and I think it would sell very well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:48 pm