www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

4 posters

Just signed up

Mouser
    Entering the Ranges
    Entering the Ranges

Just signed up Empty Just signed up

Post by Mouser Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:34 am

Hi, I just decided to sign up in hopes that I can learn something! I've shot an old Benji pump-up occasionally for years, but my eyesight won't allow good use of the open sights any more, so I just bought a Marauder 22. Seems like a nice gun, pretty accurate, but I've been having leakage problems with it. Leaked about 500# per week when I first got it, and after sending it back to Crosman, it was worse. It has slowed down quite a bit now since I have been shooting it more. Maybe with time it will quit.

Right now I'm waiting for a steel 117CF air tank to arrive, and shopping for a fill adapter. I want something durable, dependable, and easy to use. The best I've found on line are Joe Brancato's. They are expensive, but in this case I suspect you get what you pay for. Do any of you know of any less expensive, or better?

I decided to use the name "Mouser", since last year I was overrun with mice out on the slab where we feed birds. I killed several with the old Benji, but missed more than I hit. When the weather warms a bit, and I can get out there with the Mrod, mice, look out!

Please bear with the long ramble, I am known to not know when to stop!
    ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

Just signed up Empty Many mice

Post by ORairgunner Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:21 am

Glad to have you here with us, after you pop a couple hundred more mice, you will probably never miss again. They move quickly and change direction a lot. Good practice. Regards, Tom
    nyhunter
    nyhunter
    Admin
    Admin

Just signed up Empty Re: Just signed up

Post by nyhunter Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:08 am

Hi Mouser! welcome to the family! great to see fresh new "faces" coming in. i think you will really enjoy m-rod. once you get it to stop leaking down. if you are handpumping, make sure you keep the pump end dust free and clear the hose with a couple pumps before you hook it up to the gun. you may have some debris getting into the gun. anyway, glad to have you here. Just signed up 1497655283
    Mouser
    Entering the Ranges
    Entering the Ranges

Post by Mouser Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Thanks for the welcome ORairgunner and Nyhunter, and thanks for the tip about keeping out debris. I didn't think too much about that, until you mentioned it. It seems reasonable that carpet fiber, dog hair, etc.would cause leakage past the valve, with so much pressure inside.

When I sent my gun to Crosman, they replaced the gauge. They also told me that sometimes it is difficult to seat the valves properly just using a hand pump. They suggested getting a tank and filling with that. I don't know anyone with a tank, so decided to order one.

I have been filling with a Benjamin hand pump, and it's quite a workout, especially filling from empty. Not so bad to just bring the gun back up to full after shooting a couple of magazines full, though. Anyway, looking forward to the tank. Ive checked, and there is a dive shop in Missoula, and also a paintball store that can fill a tank for a reasonable price. Now I had better get busy and get a fill system ordered. That is if my wife doesn't completely revolt and take my plastic money away.

I'm really enjoying shooting the Mrod. It's pretty accurate right out of the box, (one hole groups at 10 yards and under a dime at 30). It's also so quiet that I can shoot it at home without getting the neighbors too upset.

Thanks again!

Rick
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:54 am

Mouser wrote:Thanks for the welcome ORairgunner and Nyhunter, and thanks for the tip about keeping out debris. I didn't think too much about that, until you mentioned it. It seems reasonable that carpet fiber, dog hair, etc.would cause leakage past the valve, with so much pressure inside.

When I sent my gun to Crosman, they replaced the gauge. They also told me that sometimes it is difficult to seat the valves properly just using a hand pump. They suggested getting a tank and filling with that. I don't know anyone with a tank, so decided to order one.

I have been filling with a Benjamin hand pump, and it's quite a workout, especially filling from empty. Not so bad to just bring the gun back up to full after shooting a couple of magazines full, though. Anyway, looking forward to the tank. Ive checked, and there is a dive shop in Missoula, and also a paintball store that can fill a tank for a reasonable price. Now I had better get busy and get a fill system ordered. That is if my wife doesn't completely revolt and take my plastic money away.

I'm really enjoying shooting the Mrod. It's pretty accurate right out of the box, (one hole groups at 10 yards and under a dime at 30). It's also so quiet that I can shoot it at home without getting the neighbors too upset.

Thanks again!

Rick
    Welcome Mouser! If we don't know the answer then we'll find someone that does for you!!

Site Founder,
    -Abda
    AKA, Squirrel (user name)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:47 am