www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat May 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Refurbished Ruger Air Magnum Combo .177

07condor22
    Ranger
    Ranger

Refurbished Ruger Air Magnum Combo .177

Post by 07condor22 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:32 am

http://www.airgunsdaily.com/ Sale on Refurb Ruger Air Magnum .177 with 4x32 Scope and Rings? This maybe Bargain or just pure junk? $89.99

Sells new @ Pyramydair for $165.95 http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Ruger_Air_Magnum_Combo/2354

Perfect for a loaner, trainer, or cheap first spring gun experience.

Probably Chinese made, but it's cheap?

Sam drunken
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Refurbished Ruger Air Magnum Combo .177

Post by Abda on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:22 pm

I've looked and checked and it does seem credible.

On a knee jerk response I almost took my dentist money for his month and bought one.

I'm still weighing it against saving my pennies for something I could compete with in the 20 Ft lb class competition.

I should put a link up to that sight here some place, you know? They always seem to have something good going on!

Thanks for the link, Brother!

_________________www.airgunsinc.org______________
    I've had a few. Now I've only got two.
    It's all I really need!

Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:28 pm

07condor22 wrote:http://www.airgunsdaily.com/ Sale on Refurb Ruger Air Magnum .177 with 4x32 Scope and Rings? This maybe Bargain or just pure junk? $89.99

Sells new @ Pyramydair for $165.95 http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Ruger_Air_Magnum_Combo/2354

Perfect for a loaner, trainer, or cheap first spring gun experience.

Probably Chinese made, but it's cheap?

Sam drunken
    Okay, 07condor22, fair warning, you might not want to answer the phone, pull down the shades, keep a low profile and stay away from any open windows for a while. affraid My wife will probably be "gunning" for you!

My dentist might be bringing up the rear too since I took his money for this month!

Let's see scratch . . .anyone else I can blame? Don't guess so (not and get away with it!)

So, tag! It's YOUR fault for pasting that dad burn good deal of a link!

I bought it, or, I bought one of them. Total price was $103 and some pocket change.

I don't have a real springer in my herd and I don't have a .177 caliber either. Umm, no, that's not true . . .

I do now! On both counts!

Well, I will when it gets here.

Yea, yea, I'll share what it's like and all that when it gets here.

On a serious note, I did tell the other half, AKA The-Ways-and-Means-Committee, about it. And we've figured that it will be cheaper to just pull the last three of my snagle teeth from the top and be done with it and thereby spend less.

Talk about rationalizing a purchase! lol!

.22 Rainstorm highly modified
    .22 Infinity highly modified
    .25 Infinity converted from .22 Infinity highly modified
    .303 Wolverine Straight off the shelf---needs no modification!
    This is all I need for what I intend to do Folks!
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Ruger Air Magnum .177 Video

Post by Squirrel on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:50 pm

Being the lazy sort I am, and also being the curious sort I am, I had gone to Pyramid Air to check out what would be the heaviest pellet I could shoot in this new (to me) Refurb Ruger Air Magnum .177 with 4x32 Scope and that's when the curious part of me found the pop up for a chat box at PA.

Wow, never seen that one before. So, to double inform you in this post, do check out the chat box: You don't know who you'll get to chat with!

I got to chat with Rick Eustler of http://www.airgunweb.com! Talk about a piece of luck! You can't hope to get better caliber people when you work with PA, can you? You just never know!

Anyway, after a chat, I found a piece Rick had done in a video. Check out the below:

Main, I got really lucky! First the deal listed by 07condor22, then the cost of the air gun, then the great link at PA, then a chat with Rick at PA then the great video to share here! Man!

OUT AIRGUN STANDING!

Makes me want to dance a jig!

Dancing Smiley

Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:47 pm

Well, I got to shoot the Ruger today! Shot a few out in the back range and, I must say, even without the scope I was impressed. It doesn't have the same kind of recoil a Nitro Piston does---might be because it's a true springer, but, I gotta say, I like it.

It shoots accurately. I just adjusted the iron sights on it within a few shots and found that it's actually easier to take the shot with it than it is for my Walther Falcon Hunter .22. Less of a recoil.

The scope that comes with it, as everyone has said, to me, is way below par.

It might be because I'm spoiled with better scopes.

Funny thing is I'd ordered a Power Class 8-32x56 adjustable focus AO and it came in at the same time the pellets for the .177 did. Wow, never had one that powerful in magnification and I really like it. I only have to figure out which of my herd gets the better scope. Looking through one makes the other seem like less than a toy.

But too, I've never looked through a 3x40 before. It's almost like not having a scope to me.

But for right now, this is all I have to report on it.

Lastly, I don't like the safety on it. I'm afraid of breaking it. Plastic and seems as if it will come out if I pull too hard. I'll have to look at this closer.

Nevertheless, I've been down in the dumps trying to shake off a bug or something the past few days and as soon as I get over it I'll be back out there getting it all lined out for my buddy to shoot with me plinking in the back yard.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:40 am