www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

Be advised

Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Be advised Empty Be advised

Post by Abda Wed May 25, 2011 2:34 pm

Just a couple of things I think I should disclose here.

First, I'm the administrator and where the buck stops. That's not too hard to figure out.

Second, there is a clause in the Code of Conduct that discourages Moderators and Administration from moderating or administrating to their own threads. The reasons for this are obvious. Please see the Code of Conduct for the following: "19. Staff posting and moderating in the same thread: This is generally discouraged. Exceptions include when no one else is available or when content very clearly violates the code of conduct.”

Second, and therefore, some of the Admins and Moderators here will have 2 sign on names: One for moderating and/or administration and one so that they can post and be a regular poster. This is by design, not deceitfully.

So if you think it seems that one or more administrators and or Moderators has two sign on names, it may just very well be true. But you really shouldn't treat any one of the posters here any different than you would someone that isn't just a regular poster in a regular thread.

The two name thing is so that moderators and admin get to be regular guys and gals. Not for any other reason.

Regardless, I must stress here that Admin and Mods are the only members allowed to have two sign on names [and] two sign on names only. Multiple accounts are ONLY allowed, in two instances per administrative member, period unless otherwise authorized by staff.

If you think you may be conversing with a Moderator under his normal posting name, just ask him: He will tell you straight up: There is nothing hidden about this from our members.

Just so you know!

And, just so you know, *MY* normal posting name is “Squirrel” and I do post on the net because, like most of you, I just want to learn and share about Air Guns!

Thanks for choosing www.airgunsinc.org!
    -Admin

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:12 am