www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

5 posters

Anyone got experience with Joe Brancato?

jaycee2010
    Club Member of the Ranges

Anyone got experience with Joe Brancato? Empty Anyone got experience with Joe Brancato?

Post by jaycee2010 Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:49 pm

Hey guys my air hose set up from JDS airman just failed after no more than 25 to 30 fills, gave me one hell of a crack on the knuckles too. I will not be buying another from him and wondered if anyone here has experience with Joe Brancato's hoses and fittings. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks, JC
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Anyone got experience with Joe Brancato? Empty Re: Anyone got experience with Joe Brancato?

Post by Abda Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Sure it's not an isolated incident? Let him know about it? Get response yet?

Hoses and tanks and stuff like that are always of higher standards and as they should be considering the dangers. Got a pick to share with us?

I had a fitting come apart. one of the quick connect females I bought from PA. Leaked just before that too and I didn't know it. I need to contact them about that as well.

Can you take a pic of it?
    jaycee2010

Anyone got experience with Joe Brancato? Empty Re: Anyone got experience with Joe Brancato?

Post by jaycee2010 Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Abda what happened is the quick connect fitting let loose and left the oring on the male part still on the gun. The guy responded telling me I now need a new hose and connector. When I messaged him and told him it should have lasted longer than 20 to 25 fills he told me it was because I had not seated the connector properly. I have worked with quick connect fittings all my working life and know when a fitting clicks into place properly, it was seated right as can be shown by the fact that the o'ring was left seated on the male part in the area it sits when the valve is seated correctly. But thats OK he has lost my business and Joe has got it from now on. All it would have taken is a message, I am sorry, hope you were not hurt, I will send you a new hose and fitting. Cost him maybe $20 at cost, blaming his customer is his way of not supporting his products he will not be doing any more business with me, that's for sure. Anyway no real harm done except for a lump on my knuckle which will be gone in a day or two. You know all about things coming apart don't ya bud? lol Maybe I should have blamed the shooter, lmao all the best, JC
    ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ORairgunner Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:01 pm

I use Joe's stuff, no problems. I have had defective male nipples before. Two of them. The end of the nipple wasn't relieved and the balls wouldn't quite drop into the groove. If it has a square corner, it won't work reliably. I fixed mine by chucking it in a drill and touching up the edge with a file. Just (chamfered?) a 64th or so. Not saying that you have the same situation.
    Good Luck, Tom
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:31 pm

jaycee2010 wrote:Abda what happened is the quick connect fitting let loose and left the oring on the male part still on the gun. The guy responded telling me I now need a new hose and connector. When I messaged him and told him it should have lasted longer than 20 to 25 fills he told me it was because I had not seated the connector properly. I have worked with quick connect fittings all my working life and know when a fitting clicks into place properly, it was seated right as can be shown by the fact that the o'ring was left seated on the male part in the area it sits when the valve is seated correctly. But thats OK he has lost my business and Joe has got it from now on. All it would have taken is a message, I am sorry, hope you were not hurt, I will send you a new hose and fitting. Cost him maybe $20 at cost, blaming his customer is his way of not supporting his products he will not be doing any more business with me, that's for sure. Anyway no real harm done except for a lump on my knuckle which will be gone in a day or two. You know all about things coming apart don't ya bud? lol Maybe I should have blamed the shooter, lmao all the best, JC
    Yea, but when my stuff came abpart I had a good fellow to run back to on it. Seems like you are being failed here.

That sound exactly lke wha happend to me. I'm using the black ones, not the ligh color or silver ones. But it started leaking and I didn't know that wa the place where it was coming from. Then I went to take it off and it came apart in my hands. I just never got around to calling PA about it. Figured it was defective and I could works around it anyway.

This could be a trend in the making. Need to keep track of this kind of thing.

He should at least offer to have you send it to him so he could acesses it. You think?

Well, bed time meds kicking in. Turning into a pumpking in a very short few here.

I'm leaving it with you guys for the night.

Good luck wih it and keep me posted on it if you wouldn't mind
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 pm

i got my tank setup from Joe, i would recommend him to anyone. his products are top notch. pretty good pricees, too, you can usually catch a sale on something.
    jaycee2010

Post by jaycee2010 Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:23 pm

Thanks you guys I have spoken with Joe and he seems like a very nice guy, he was surprised that the other guy had tried to blame me instead of just taking care of it. But that's OK with me, he has lost my business and a whole lot more from his attitude. I live my life trying to look after other people and trying to blame others for something to get out of making it right goes against the grain with me. Does anyone know where Joe is from, I am from across the pond and he kept calling me mate, was that because he knew I was a Brit or because he comes from one of the Colony's?
    Have fun you guys and thanks for the posts, all the best, JC
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by StubExt Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:35 pm

I got my gauge/hose assembly and paintball fill adapter from from Joe and very good service and reputation. My 2 - 44 cu ft scba 2007 tanks came from someone else but also a good deal.
    jaycee2010

Post by jaycee2010 Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Thanks you guys the hose and adapter arrived today, it is much higher quality than the other guys stuff and I lose less air each time I fill my gun to boot. I will be using Joe for all my future air needs, all the best, JC

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:02 am