www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

5 posters

Making air

roachcreek
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Making air Empty Making air

Post by roachcreek Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:00 pm

I like be independant.

At one time, I fell my own trees, made my own lumber from them, and built a 2800sqft, two story barn and a two story guest house. I am what you would call a retro man I suppose.

I have had several AF Rifles,on a Airarcher arrow shooter, a modded HPA 2240 carbine and my Ranger 45.
    I started out with PCP's and briefly owned a BSA Improved mdl D and a 2240 on CO2, but for the most part I am a PCP shooter.

I bought a AF pump when I purchased my first Condor, and after three pumps in three months, I saw the light, for me they did not work, so I sent the AF pump back and purchased a scuba tank, and then another so I could cascade fill.
    Making air DSC05879
    This worked fine until last fall when the vineyard here got overrun with predatory grape eating birds at harvest season. They ate 5 tons of grapes, spread mold on the ones they did not eat, the trade off was I shot birds from daylight to dark, and shot them by the hundreds that month.

In that month I killed around 700 birds and made the longest shot for me with an air rifle, 148 laser measured yards. Not that big of a deal, for it took several shots to connect even with a Chairgun printout.
    Making air DSC05942
    Shooting grape stealing birds

Every other day, I went to the dive shop for more air,a 40 mile round trip, not liking to go to town often or at all, I warmed up to the Shoebox the first time I read about it.

Last December it arrived, and I have since purchased four 4500 PSI scba bottles, three 44cf and a 69 ci Airhog Pygmy bottle. I have two of the 44cf bottles cascaded, another with a valve for single bottle filling and the Pygmy for carrying in a back pack.
    Making air DSC06249
    In addition to this, I have a Booster pump, it allows me to take 3000PSI pressure and boost it to 4500 PSI. I use this in the field with the Ranger 45 along with the cascade system.
    Making air DSC06224

The Ranger 45 eats a lot of air, your lucky to get 3 shots with a 4500 fill, but I can get 3 shots in the 500 to 550 FPE range before refilling.

The single bottles, either the 44cf or the 69 ci Pygmy are great for the Condor 25.
    Making air DSC05988
    The Shoebox sees a lot of action, I have rebuilt it enough that it takes me less than 30 minutes to rebuild the cylinders, something that has to be done with the SHoebox, sort of like putting tires on your car from time to time.
    With the Ranger 45, a bullet mold and a Shoebox, I can make my own air, cast my own bullets and kill elk with the results.
    Making air DSC06243
    Regards,

Roachcreek
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Making air Empty Re: Making air

Post by Abda Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:15 pm

I want to be just like you when I grow up! Very Happy

Wow What a Face That's a LOT of gear! Something to be said for being self reliable and self sufficient, eh? A certain satisfaction if not just being practical about the matter.

My Goodness!

Ever done the air block? That's a little tricky. Got a hint or two for when you do if you haven't yet.

But I'm thinking it won't be long before I have to do the cylinders on mine too. I may want to confer with you about that later.

Man, am I glad you showed up here! cheers
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:19 am

hey R.C. ! nice to see you over here! looks like this site has potential. be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:24 am

longhunter wrote:hey R.C. ! nice to see you over here! looks like this site has potential. be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
    Ah, well, first, thanks! I've spent a lot of time with my one horse dog and pony show here. Had to learn some code I didn't know and dig up from the cob webs what I've forgotten. Ugh!

But I think it's worth it. I'm in it for the long haul and every thing's paid up for a number of years. It's not gonna take off over night (but one could hope, eh? insert fingers crossed here Very Happy ) But without my Mods, I'd be lost. They are a great bunch, what few of them their are. Then there are people like Tony266 . . .I'm sure you get the picture. No forum is an island unto itself.

I've been really lucky to have such high caliber members and new high caliber members like yourselves. I'm really glad you guys could make it.

By the way, flattery gets you every where here! Very Happy

But, by the by, stick around and keep checking in: We are going to have a drawing soon for some small stuff: Tins of pellets, a Hornaday Electronic Scale, a small cash prize, just little stuff for fun mostly. Thought I'd give you guys a heads up about it. One of my Mods is handling it for us. He's better with this sort than I am. Actually, his idea and he deserves the credit for it.

But don't that brother have a LOT of gear! Check it out! I'll be dreaming of a set up like that now . Buggers. Something else in my system I'll have to sell a kidney to acquire Very Happy
    ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ORairgunner Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:53 pm

That has to be one of the slickest most informative posts I've ever seen. Great job roachcreek

Tom
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:05 pm

ORairgunner wrote:That has to be one of the slickest most informative posts I've ever seen. Great job roachcreek

Tom
    lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by StubExt Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:49 pm

I may need to plant some grape vines in the back yard!
    alien

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:57 am