www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

5 posters

We have arrived!

Poll

Do you like the presentation of our web site?

[ 6 ]
    We have arrived! Bar_left86%We have arrived! Bar_right [86%] 
    [ 1 ]
    We have arrived! Bar_left14%We have arrived! Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 0 ]
    We have arrived! Bar_left0%We have arrived! Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 7
    Poll closed
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

We have arrived! Empty We have arrived!

Post by Squirrel Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:16 am

Okay, ladies and germs, I think we are done. I think we have arrived.

As first impressions go, I guess that horse has left the gate. But, like I told another member and mod here, Rome wasn't built in a day. Years . . . and years from now, you'll look back and remember "when" about www.airgunsinc.org.

To me, it's like a small tree we've planted or I've planted in my yard: It will take time to get to be the shade tree that we planted it to become. I knew this when I started this site and really, didn't think we'd have as many members as fast as we got them on this type of time table---but I did know that they'd come just like I know more will be coming as the site grows.

But I think the "bum" rush is over now and the true slow growth will come, a member at a time, until we are something of note on the internet.

There have been a lot of changes. Some don't like them, others do. Others want this site to be like the other sites that they had to learn their way around to become familiar and comfortable in how they got around and navigated on those other sites. Some don't like the changes from what it was to what it is now . . . some just don't like change.

But this is truly The Independent Air Gun Forum. We don't strive to be like the rest. And, like I've tried to tell all that have joined, things are new, they were apt to change and get moved around while we grow. I truly apologize to anyone that takes any of this personally---it's not.

At any rate, I think we have finally arrived! I'd made some mistakes when I first created the site: I'd only created one category with many forums. This was a mistake. I've since correct that and can now add more categories when we feel the need for one without so much trouble.

But, all in all, I think we have finally arrive to the point that any changes, if there are any, will be minute, small, and not so much of a big deal for our members, in general, to get used to.

I welcome any and all criticism, praises or "not so" praises from members.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Squirrel

Last edited by Squirrel on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:15 am; edited 2 times in total
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

We have arrived! Empty Re: We have arrived!

Post by longhunter Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:09 am

not that i mind reading, i just didn't see that there was a third page. the background is kinda hinky for these old eyes.
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:42 pm

longhunter wrote:not that i mind reading, i just didn't see that there was a third page. the background is kinda hinky for these old eyes.
    Explain more on the "hinky" and I may be able to fix that for not only you, but the others as well.
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:45 pm

just an odd contrast between the green background and the light grey on the page bar.don't need to change it, i just need to look closer.
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:05 pm

longhunter wrote:just an odd contrast between the green background and the light grey on the page bar.don't need to change it, i just need to look closer.
    Sure? We don't mind if it helps everyone.

As a matter of fact, we just went through some color changes here at www.airgunsinc.org. It took a lot of feed back just like what you gave to get the site to where it is now. We are still in the able to change things marker here. Soon it will be all etched in concrete, if you know what I mean and I won't be able to change much without stirring up a can of worms. People get used to something I reckon.

Just let us know if we can help!

Thanks!
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

We have arrived! Empty colors

Post by longhunter Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:09 pm

your call.
    07condor22
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by 07condor22 Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:28 pm

I think the presentation of your Web page is great. Easy to navigate and post. Haven't tried the search, yet-so no comment there.

As far as the 'Free Thinking' that's a joke. You haft to think like the admins think or post is edited to admins satisfaction to sensor my socalled free thinking?

I agree and follow the Rules as I agreed to do so that I may have the priviledge to post here albeit my edited posts is someone else's thinking not my free thinking.

Thank you

Sam I am a Free thinker/thinking about Airguns

Last edited by 07condor22 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar spelling sytax My freedom of Speech!)
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:22 pm

07condor22 wrote:I think the presentation of your Web page is great. Easy to navigate and post. Haven't tried the search, yet-so no comment there.

As far as the 'Free Thinking' that's a joke. You haft to think like the admins think or post is edited to admins satisfaction to sensor my so called free thinking?

I agree and follow the Rules as I agreed to do so that I may have the privilege to post here albeit my edited posts is someone else's thinking not my free thinking.

Thank you

Nice to meet you, Sam I am! Welcome to www.airgunsinc.org!

A gentleman, you are. Kinda like that. States his peace but amicably. Nice. Thank you for your candid response.

But, if you'll check, almost ALL the forums do this. They may not enforce it, but it's there just the same.

We try to only edit trolls, obvious bashing, and hateful content---things that are clearly against our ethics. We won't censor honest opinions like yours here---even if we don't like it---and I do by the way, like it.

You've obviously read our code of conduct and lengthy as it is, I'd have to give you a trophy for doing that much! So I hate to think you'd disagree to having that kind of thing censored by making it go away or edited to keep the good in and the bad out---unless it's just plain hateful, or, you know . . . So, no, not exactly a joke here. There are plenty of ways to debate and give an evaluation or personal opinion with out attacking people and all that bad stuff, right?

Just so you know: We do have to have SOME control about what goes on and is said here, right? We just want to have a good rep and we want it for the right reasons, not sensationalism or strife. We actually want good debate though: "Good" being the key word there.

But thanks for the kudos. I've worked hard at it. I can't sit long at the computer and I've had a lot of valuable input just like yours to make it this way through the spurts I take a shot at it. If ever you see or note something that could stand to be improved, we are always all ears---structure and content alike.

Thanks again . . .

Will I am. Founder and Admin of the Free Thinking Independent Air Gun Forum, I am.
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

We have arrived! Empty Site Colors

Post by Squirrel Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:46 am

longhunter wrote:your call.
    Just to let you know that we were listening to you, we've changed the coloring schemes of some in range of the aspects that you were talking about.

I'm color blind and I have to wait until I can get someone with good color vision can sit with me while I work it out.

Besides: I thought it was just me that was having a problem with picking out out some of the text. Now I can see it a lot better and hope, as well, that you can too.

Thanks for your input.

Let us know if there is anything else that we may need to be aware.
    StubExt
    StubExt
    Field Ranger
    Field Ranger

Post by StubExt Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:32 pm

Excellent job well done!!! cheers A site to be proud of.
    The only nit I can think of as I look things over is that photos are being chopped off when viewed in original size so the width isn't floating as the other sites are and the fixed width is pretty narrow. Not sure if you can fix that or if every body has to try to edit their pictures down. Just increasing the width would probably help. ( I maintain a web site for one of the big healthcare insurance providers as a part of my job)
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:22 pm

Thanks, Stub. I'll look into it. Smile
    07condor22
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by 07condor22 Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Abda wrote:
    07condor22 wrote:I think the presentation of your Web page is great. Easy to navigate and post. Haven't tried the search, yet-so no comment there.

As far as the 'Free Thinking' that's a joke. You haft to think like the admins think or post is edited to admins satisfaction to sensor my so called free thinking?

I agree and follow the Rules as I agreed to do so that I may have the privilege to post here albeit my edited posts is someone else's thinking not my free thinking.

Thank you

A gentleman, you are. Kinda like that. States his peace but amicably. Nice. Thank you for your candid response.

But, if you'll check, almost ALL the forums do this. They may not enforce it, but it's there just the same.

We try to only edit trolls, obvious bashing, and hateful content---things that are clearly against our ethics. We won't censor honest opinions like yours here---even if we don't like it---and I do by the way, like it.

You've obviously read our code of conduct and lengthy as it is, I'd have to give you a trophy for doing that much! So I hate to think you'd disagree to having that kind of thing censored by making it go away or edited to keep the good in and the bad out---unless it's just plain hateful, or, you know . . . So, no, not exactly a joke here. There are plenty of ways to debate and give an evaluation or personal opinion with out attacking people and all that bad stuff, right?

Just so you know: We do have to have SOME control about what goes on and is said here, right? We just want to have a good rep and we want it for the right reasons, not sensationalism or strife. We actually want good debate though: "Good" being the key word there.

But thanks for the kudos. I've worked hard at it. I can't sit long at the computer and I've had a lot of valuable input just like yours to make it this way through the spurts I take a shot at it. If ever you see or note something that could stand to be improved, we are always all ears---structure and content alike.

Thanks again . . .

Will I am. Founder and Admin of the Free Thinking Independent Air Gun Forum, I am.

ABDA I agree with 99.9% of your code of conduct is needed and shall be enforced, and that's very good, period-and the other .01% that I don't agree with-well I'll just haft to keep in my mine while posting! king

Thank you. Laughing

Sam scratch
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:58 pm

07condor22 wrote:
    Abda wrote:

Thank you

Thanks again . . .

ABDA I agree with 99.9% of your code of conduct is needed and shall be enforced, and that's very good, period-and the other .01% that I don't agree with-well I'll just haft to keep in my mine while posting! king

Thank you. Laughing

Sam scratch
    It's all good, Brother. We are on the same music sheet of papper singing the same song.

It's all good. Very Happy

Thanks for taking the time to let me know though. Kind of figured. Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 am