Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat May 28, 2011 5:55 pm

So, i decided to get back into traditonal archery

So, i decided to get back into traditonal archery

Post by nyhunter on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:32 am

Back when i got started into archery (over 30 yrs ago) i started with a youth recurve, and moved to adult recurves and compounds rather quickly. In high school, i got into 3d competition and basically hung up the recurve and concentrated solely on compounds. I killed my first deer, first few actually, with the stick bow , not to mention tons of small game and even pheasants on the wing before the modern bug got me. Needless to say, about 25 yrs later, I have come full circle. I have had all the latest, greatest compounds that come out every year, and all the extra add on crap that goes with them. Recently, (maybe it is age, I don't know! LOL) I have a desire to just get back to basics and keep it simple, so I ordered a cheap takedown recurve with money I got from an airgun sale. I got it with 45 lb limbs (i shoot a 70lb compound) because traditional bows use a whole other group of muscles that i have not worked in a long time! beauty of the bow is that i can simply change out the limbs later for  heavier draw, for about 70 bucks. I have shot it some and it is all coming back quickly (the whole no sight instinctive thing) and i am doing pretty good out to about 20yds so far. I am hoping to get good enough with it to use it for turkey this spring when the season opens. I will get some pictures up of the setup later.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:21 am