www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

2 posters

not much going on lately?

nyhunter
    nyhunter
    Admin
    Admin

not much going on lately? Empty not much going on lately?

Post by nyhunter Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:43 pm

seems a bit slow in here lately......i know i have been busy as heck lately and have not ben by much. was expecting to see more new posts. what has everyone been up to lately? hope you all are well.i am hoping to finally get out hunting tomorrow AM. so i will post the results afterward. God Bless to all!
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

not much going on lately? Empty Re: not much going on lately?

Post by Abda Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:05 pm

nyhunter wrote:seems a bit slow in here lately......i know i have been busy as heck lately and have not ben by much. was expecting to see more new posts. what has everyone been up to lately? hope you all are well.i am hoping to finally get out hunting tomorrow AM. so i will post the results afterward. God Bless to all!

I guess we are all a bit busy these days, nyhunter . . .

I know I am.

Speaking of that: I have a family outing at a lake in cabins. The quarters will be cramped, nearby a big lake and right now, only two boats---working on a third.

I was wonder if you, or anyone else, has any ideas for this type of family fun, i.e., contests, games, etc.

Right now I've got the obvious such as the biggest and the most fish caught (small purse), Monopoly, other board games.

Any suggestions?

Later all!
    -Abda
    nyhunter
    nyhunter
    Admin
    Admin

Post by nyhunter Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:52 am

how about some low powered air pistol plinking? get some necco wafers or animal crackers and tape them to a piece of cardboard. 10 yds
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:00 am

nyhunter wrote:how about some low powered air pistol plinking? get some necco wafers or animal crackers and tape them to a piece of cardboard. 10 yds

Oh, Lord yes! I wish it were that simple!

Couple of things I worry about:

1. is it legal to have my type of AGs I'd take? I.E., Rainstorm .22 with special mods and a 303 Wolverine with some TLC from Will Piatt . . . Remember, this is crossing 3 state lines: From SC to GA, From GA to Florida and then back again.

2. Is Lake Okeechobee a nation, state or otherwise reserve? Do special restrictions apply?

3. What are the Air Gun laws in Ga and Fl? Do they restrict use of such? (I've heard some states might balk at the 303's shroud construction.)

4. Is it really worth it to take it and maybe loose it? It took me a God awful long time to save for those [and] the after market work! I would NEVER be able to afford doing it all again! Too, it took me as long as an fussy hen to get satisfied with the caliber and abilities I chose in these AGs!

Yep, I do have a couple of others I could take but these two are my most accurate that anyone with a good eye (pun, pun for anyone that knows me!) can get it to function correctly. I like the other two but they don't get as much attention these days.

Then there is the HPA . . . I guess I could fill up my Air Hog and just take that, eh? But the 303, if memory serves, takes 35K PSI (sorry for those that think in bar!) I can do about 45K PSI.

And, just as I'm about to talk myself out of it, I'm not sure anyone but nephew and myself would get into them---period.

A good idea, brother, but, probably a lot more work than it would be worth, I'm thinking.

Unless someone could give me FOR SURE info on some of these questions.

If I could get around some of the basic stuff I'd not be beyond packing up my compressor (runs on 220 with 3 phase converter---shout out to Pete of Top Gun Air Guns!---!!!! (Elvis says "Thank ya very much!" with a slight twist in the lips)

The more I think about it, the more I think its just too much work [and] risk I may not be willing to do or take. After all, this is a family get together centered around fishing---a family past time that has been a strengthening glue that has always held us together as a real family throughout the some half century of my life with the most fond memories I don't' think, nor would I want to, top.

Yea, I know: I think to much, right?

Well, I'm open in the ear department if anyone has something to add or take from . . .

Thanks, Ny!
    Abda
    P.S.
    Pretty sure it is illegal to carry a fire arm or AG on a boat right? Or is it? Please remember the states that apply here . . .
    nyhunter
    nyhunter
    Admin
    Admin

Post by nyhunter Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:23 am

ahh. out of state. didnt catch that part .fla and ga do not restrict airguns, but as for the shroud part, i couldnt say
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:18 am

nyhunter wrote:ahh. out of state. didnt catch that part .fla and ga do not restrict airguns, but as for the shroud part, i couldnt say

It's actually part of the whole---not configured to remove: as far as I know. And that does count for something, if I'm not mistaken.

Still, it would be nice to present the question . . .

"Anybody in Florida own one? And or Georgia as well?"

Might learn something yet, eh, Brother?

-Abda

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm