www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

3 posters

Fishing time is almost here!

Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Fishing time is almost here! Empty Fishing time is almost here!

Post by Abda Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:04 am

I haven't been able to post and keep up with most of you for a long time. Life comes in waves, I've found. I'm having a lot of those and they just aren't leaving me with enough time to do what I set out to do with this forum. For that, I apologize but I'm not dead---just slightly breathing right now.
    I still haven't shoot my new Wolverine, still haven't shot two guns back from Will P., still haven't done . . .oh, hell, the list just goes on and on.
    But I'm about to take some time and get my butt out on the boat and do some fishing! I need to get away. Problem is, the only fishing buddy I have is just a kid about 20. He's smart for 20, got his criminology degree, wants to be a cop, hasn't turned 21 yet so he can't get into the academy, etc. I haven't know him that long and I'm awfully afraid of being "taken" or any of that other bad stuff like conned into stuff. I don't hand out my friendship as easily as I used to---rather cynical these days. But he's rip roaring and read to do when the work fishing is mentioned. That makes him my kind of guy to hang with. But I'm two and a half times his age and he SO ambitious. So, I don't know, like he knows it all? But he don't and when he thinks he's "got it" he really doesn't. And I hate him playing with that damn phone while we go out to fish. I'm putting a stop to that crap.
    But we went out for some catfish. Blues. I got a nice almost 4 pounder and he later got a 3. There is a place here we can catch 'em up to 6 feet long and to prove it the pictures are all over the bait and tackle shops. But about 20 pounds to 30 is just good eat'n. Bigger than that they taste like mud.
    The bream, the real BLUE gill bream that is, will be bedding soon. I just hope the weather being as smarter than me as it is hasn't messed up their clock.

SOON!
    Can't wait to go when I got everything done up right. Dog gone puppy chewed up all my wiring underneath the back of my truck and all over the under side of the boat. We are getting that all worked out. Then it will be time to go.

Then back to the grindstone and working my way through the unfinished projects I've started. I haven't forgotten I owe people like joe a write up. Darn, that guy has some good air tank stuff! But more on that later. And I *will* get to it. Just take me some time is all.
    Well, it's late. I'll be hearing the call to come to bed soon. Might as well go.
    Dreaming of fish and the hog I'll take with the wolverine one day until then . . .
    -Abda
    nyhunter
    nyhunter
    Admin
    Admin

Fishing time is almost here! Empty Re: Fishing time is almost here!

Post by nyhunter Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:09 am

Good deal. i am waiting for the river to go down a bit so i can go do some trout fishing myself. the woodchucks are just starting to come out regularly as well. so the chuck hunting starts soon! go get those blues man!
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:52 am

i'm jealous. we're still waiting for the ice to break up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 am