www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

3 posters

Career Ultra Power Tune

tkerrigan
    Ranger
    Ranger

Career Ultra Power Tune Empty Career Ultra Power Tune

Post by tkerrigan Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:29 pm

I shipped my Ultra to Will Piatt at Saddle Mountain for a power tune. It shoots at 876, 873, 865, 852, 851, 845 fps, using .360 round ball at present. It should shoot about 100 fps faster after Will has done his magic to it. I'll post when it gets back.
    Regards, Tom
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Career Ultra Power Tune Empty Re: Career Ultra Power Tune

Post by Squirrel Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:20 pm

Yea, I just got my RS back. It was there for a severely busted stock and while it was there I had the new foster fitting installed.

Man, you wouldn't believe how beautiful this stock is! It's a whole nuther Air Gun since all the mods he's done to it for me.

I've got a lot of stuff to do and still trying to catch up but when I get more time I'm going to post some serious stuff on it.

Peter, from Top Gun Air Guns sent me a bunch of pellets for me to try out of a .22 and they preform well in it. I'll have to include that as well.

Keep us posted on the Ultra. He did a right nice job on my Ultra too already. Couldn't be happier. Interested to see what yours does compared to mine. You know how each, even the same make and model like ours can be slightly different.
    tkerrigan
    Ranger
    Ranger

Career Ultra Power Tune Empty Coming home

Post by tkerrigan Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:05 am

Got a call today from Will, he's done with the gun and shipping it back to me, should have it in a week or so.
    Regards, Tom
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:12 am

Did you get a chance to really get to know it before you sent it off?

I should have called and told him that your Birthday was just when it was! Maybe I could have gotten you a little something extra? Ah, well, might of, could have, should of, all that . . . I know you and you'd of NEVER mentioned it, being the gentleman that you are.

How's that end appliance doing for you? Any issues? Positives?

Selling off my 909 Sam Yang Big Bore *tuned by Will* and my Sumatra. Sumatra is being tendered for another project and the 909 is just for extra cash needed here.

Keep your ears open for those interested!
    ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ORairgunner Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Well, finally got a chance to shoot yesterday, the sun was out. Set up outside with the chrony at about 18 feet from the muzzle. This is the way it read, 1270?, 923, 935.6, 946.5, 932.1, 933.1, error, 925.5, 926.7, 914.4, 919.0, error, 902.4, 879.4. I was shooting speer .360 roundball, should weigh about 71gr.
    Regards, Tom
    ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ORairgunner Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Here attached, hopefully, is a muzzle velocity corrected, error guessed, cleaned up chart.
    ORairgunner
    ORairgunner
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ORairgunner Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Good figures, there , Tom.

Don't know if you know this or not, but that is a PERFECT arch at 45 yards! This means you stay within one inch kill zone for your pbr at 11 to 50 yards! That's about as flat as you will ever get it! Touche, Brother!

In other terms, that's 141 FPE at the muzzle and at 50 yeards, you are STILL at 71 FPE!

Considering the mass that ball is, that's a HELL of a whop at POI.

Get hit with that and a deer would barely have time to say, UGH, then keel over! Whew! Boy, that's good figures!

Now, Air Guns are near/close weapons and 100 yards are capable of being made but my practice is staying at or around the 40 to 50 yard mark. You retain enough energy at that distance, a flat trajectory and it's all over but the reloading---if you have to because of operator error and the point of the near perfect arch is to not have to in the first place.

At 60 yards your enterance to the arch is about -1.75 below line of sight and at your exit of the arch at 60 yards you are at the same identical negative number. Perfect, Tom! Just perfect! I'm not saying that you should change anything from the 45 yard zero---you have to figure the rest of the curve in the arch and that ends, to have it perfect for the numbers I just quoted, you end would be at 60 just like you lose the first 10 on the front side of your first zero with your far zero being at 40 to 50 yards. You only get to use just so much of that curve and you've got a near perfect one: I'd stay with that and realize you can't get better than that unless your up your FPS and I'm thinking that you got it dialed all the way up, right?

Got air gun chair pro? Plug those number in with a range of 60 yards and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about on the graph. Pretty darn cool, my friend.

I think you've found your magic bullet for this one. Any heavier and you'd have to go up in FPS to keep from lobbing it in a really high arch and that would put you outide the one inch kill zone for the part of the trajectory---righ the middle giving you two pbr's. You want to stay away from that---if at all possible. But with heavier grains you'd almost certainly not be able to get that kind of stright line, as much as you can call it straight line during an arch.

I'm impressed, Mr. Tom! VERY VERY good!

Career Ultra Power Tune 3779443493

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 pm