www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

2 posters

Taking off for a little while

Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Taking off for a little while Empty Taking off for a little while

Post by Abda Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:11 pm

I've been waiting on a key piece of paperwork from the courts. It has come in and now I have to go deal with some family issues.

I'll be gone for a while.

Tom, Orairgunner, the other administrator, will be to whom you will address any problems or concerns during my absence. But really, almost all our members are the helping sort so . . .

I hope to be back in a few days if everything goes according to Hoyle. Shoot straight and I'll see you on the Ranges!

Abda
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Taking off for a little while Empty Re: Taking off for a little while

Post by Abda Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm back.

Taking off for a little while 3165926889

Ugh.Rolling Eyes

What a trip!affraid
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:31 am

Again, I'm back.

Another "Ugh", what a trip!

These things have a way of gaining a life of their own, like, really, and truly nothing you can plan on.

But, I made it back and know that I've got to go back too.

Ugh on that one as well.

But it's getting better!

Anyway, back now. Sorry if I missed anyone posting something that didn't get a response or the attention it deserved. We'll get to you.

Just give us a little time!

-Abda
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:50 am

Abda wrote:Again, I'm back.

These things have a way of gaining a life of their own, like, really, and truly nothing you can plan on.

Ugh on that one as well.

But it's getting better!

Anyway, back now. Sorry if I missed anyone posting something that didn't get a response or the attention it deserved. We'll get to you.

-Abda

sounds like one of my vacations. by the time it's over, you're more wiped out than when you left.
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:14 am

longhunter wrote:
    Abda wrote:Again, I'm back.

Ugh on that one as well.

But it's getting better!

-Abda

sounds like one of my vacations. by the time it's over, you're more wiped out than when you left.
    Hey there, Longhunter, whatcha up to?

Yea, you said it, in a nut shell too. However, this last run I got to see some of my kin folk not seen in a loooonnnggg time. Man, that was sweet. I got to see two of my favorites, these two first cousins that were more like sisters to me than anything else. Still are too. It's really nice to be remembered with such a loving embrace. I wish I could take off and go back there for the holidays on my own---just because and not for some messed up probate issue, you know?

How about you? Got family up there? Or you got to pack up like I did to get to see a smiling face from the clan?

Well, anyway, it was a complicated trip this last one. I've made three trips down there so far and each one of them, every single day, from one little satellite town to the next for this or that record, filing court proceedings, prosecuting thieves that took off and or stole my father's things knowing that they should not have. Ugh, real ugly stuff. Seeing my family on the way back was bout the only thing that could take the bad taste out of my mouth about it.

I got to take two of my hot .22s down there. One of my Aunts was brought up eating squirrel and I shot a few for her. One of my favorites, the Evanix Rainstorm that Will Piatt tricked out for me was home and sick with a broken stock that had to go back to Will but yet once again. He's about got it fixed but still, it would have been really great to have had that one with me. If I'd had some time one of my cousin's husbands lives on some neighboring land to the reserves there about the area in Tallahassee Fla. Plus he's got access to over 40 acres of private land to hunt on. Needless to say, my Air Guns made a big splash in this family that really gets into hunting.

Great hog country there. BIG sows around there. One of my big goals in life is to drop one of those big sows with my Infinity .22. I've seen lots of pics with Manny taking them down with his .25 Sumatra and the like. Other's taking out coyotes with a .25 but no one taking out a really huge sow with a hot .22 like mine.

I'm shooting 32.4 grain Eun Jin out of her at about 933 FPS. Do the math. At 35 yards that still, IMHO, a hog dropper and I intend to do it one day. Only thing is I got to have some one go with me to make sure I'm okay out there (being a disabled vet has it's disadvantages, let me tell you) and then to help field dress the critter to get it back to the hunting truck.

I'll be posting some pics and stuff on the .22 Rainstorm and Infinity I've had Will put a lot of work into very soon. As a matter of fact, I'm glad yo posted this today: Reminds me I made a promise that I would stage the Infinity today and put something about all the stuff done to it in a post. Ugh. Labor of love though.

Well, I'm in a chatty mood cause I've got stuff I don't want to do and would rather be doing this: Chatting away here.

I guess I gotta bug out.

But glad to hear from you, LH. Been a while.

Bugging out,

Abda
    longhunter
    Ranger
    Ranger

Post by longhunter Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:49 am

been busy as all get out. trying to pay the bills and still put on christmas. i have family in pennsylvania, that's where i was born. speaking of born, i now have 6 grandkids. my step daughter is having twins, she already has twin boys and a girl. and my daughter is having a girl about the end of feb.2012. gonna have to get a bigger house if we plan on hosting christmas, next year:lol: . been playing with the condor, alot, planning some more mods gonna work on it after christmas. one piece valve stem, r&l stock, custom barrel( depends on funds ), maybe a regulator, if i can find some one to make what i want, ( 4500 psi input- 3200 psi output ). we'll see. all with the intention of eventually getting a set of swaging dies to make a hollow base, flat nose bullet that will weigh 50-55 grains . as it's set up , i can push kodiaks at 1165 fps. but it's detuned to shoot them at around 1080. if my figuring is right, i shouldn't have a problem getting 1040-1070 out of a 50 gr. bullet. going to take some time to get that far, but, i'll keep everybody posted. later gators.

by the way, how do i post pics from photobucket on this site?
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:04 pm

longhunter wrote:been busy as all get out. trying to pay the bills and still put on christmas. i have family in Pennsylvania, that's where i was born. speaking of born, i now have 6 grandkids. my step daughter is having twins, she already has twin boys and a girl. and my daughter is having a girl about the end of Feb.2012. gonna have to get a bigger house if we plan on hosting Christmas, next year:LOL: . been playing with the condor, a lot, planning some more mods gonna work on it after Christmas. one piece valve stem, r&l stock, custom barrel( depends on funds ), maybe a regulator, if i can find some one to make what i want, ( 4500 psi input- 3200 psi output ). we'll see. all with the intention of eventually getting a set of swaging dies to make a hollow base, flat nose bullet that will weigh 50-55 grains . as it's set up , i can push Kodiaks at 1165 fps. but it's detuned to shoot them at around 1080. if my figuring is right, i shouldn't have a problem getting 1040-1070 out of a 50 gr. bullet. going to take some time to get that far, but, I'll keep everybody posted. later gators.

by the way, how do i post pics from Photobucket on this site?
    First, I know you must of said something before but you know, I drove Cross Country for about 9 years . . . Whew: What a hate love relationship with a job. I miss it now that I can't do it anymore. One of the few things I was really good at. Over a million miles legally logged, LH.

And man! You may just have enough to start a big tribe of your own, LH! Gotta get a bigger stick to beat the boys off! Man, that's a lot of kids and potential kids to boot!

Anyway, on to your question:

When you go to Photobucket, you can hover over the picture and it will have some links or you can click on the picture you've uploaded and it will have the links: If you click on them they will be at your far right hand corner. You'll see links like "direct link". If you click on it the pop up will come up and tell you "link copied".

You can paste that some place for temporary use or you can already have your "post reply" page open. At the top of your "post reply" box you'll see an icon that looks like a squire with a colored square within it *or* what looks like a computer monitor (depends on one's imagination, I guess)

Anyway, if you hover over that icon it will say "insert image". You click on that. When you do a little box will open up. You then paste your copied link from Photobucket there.

You can use the other buttons to format it, say, like if you wanted it centered, etc.

But it gets tricky: The picture may be too big so you'll have to edit it in Photobucket or use some commands in line with the link and that can get a little complicated sometimes. I did post once on how to do this in detail and when I get more time I may do it again. But it was long and involved so I took it down. Yea, hind site is 20/20 on should have left it, right? Ugh.

But you are a bright fellow: I'm sure you can get started once you get pointed in the right direction. In the mean time, I'll try to make some time to post something like what I'd done before in some section that all can get to it without much page turning to find it.

Let me know if you have a lot of problems or need more help. You gotta sorta play with it a little to be sure it doesn't beat you. I'm an old fart so I know you can do it . . . LOL Smile

Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:09 pm

Tell you what, LH, I found this as a knee jerk search. It should point out a little bit of what I was saying.

Check it out: