www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

2 posters

FX smooth twist

PETER
    PETER
    Club Member of the Ranges

FX smooth twist Empty FX smooth twist

Post by PETER Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:29 am

I just got a smooth twist barrel in .22 and can't decide what to put it on; AA-410SL or bolt, Air Force Talon, or BSA Soprtsman, or Monsoon, or Webley or M-rod..........affraid

Problem is I don't have anything that HAS to have it
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

FX smooth twist Empty Re: FX smooth twist

Post by Squirrel Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:14 pm

PETER wrote:I just got a smooth twist barrel in .22 and can't decide what to put it on; AA-410SL or bolt, Air Force Talon, or BSA Sportsman, or Monsoon, or Webley or M-rod..........affraid

Problem is I don't have anything that HAS to have it
    Sounds like a perfect excuse to buy something that *does* need to have it! lol!

Get it as a freebie? Why don't you post the virtues of a .22 smooth twist and what it shoots best. You can sell it or you can do something more advantageous with it. Without knowing more, I personally couldn't begin to make a good suggestion. scratch

I've got a few good contacts in Air Gun Smithing. Share more and I'd know more to share the question with someone that is far more advanced in this that you or I or several of us all here put together.

We *do* have a give away section---and a for sale section too. But I'm not getting the vibe that is the way you want to go, right? Smile

(envious, still!)
    Squirrel
    PETER
    PETER

FX smooth twist Empty not a freebie

Post by PETER Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:04 pm

I bought it a good price. I herd some good things about the smooth twist [st]. I was hoping I could exchange it for a .177 and make FT set-up with either one of my EV or a AA-400 or perhape my TAU MK-300 -even though none of'em need improving-- just to make something differant.

The st barrel likes 20-30 fpe --so now i'm thinking AA-410 bullpup or HW-100 bullpup or the BSA bullpup i'm working on --problems problems:lol!:
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:34 am

PETER wrote:I bought it a good price. I herd some good things about the smooth twist [st]. I was hoping I could exchange it for a .177 and make FT set-up with either one of my EV or a AA-400 or perhape my TAU MK-300 -even though none of'em need improving-- just to make something differant.

The st barrel likes 20-30 fpe --so now i'm thinking AA-410 bullpup or HW-100 bullpup or the BSA bullpup i'm working on --problems problems:lol!:

Put something in the WTB forum found here: Wanted to Buy---Services Wanted, Trade, etc

But it still sounds good for a project if you've got the time and means.

Bulls for me just seem SO short! I've never held on in my hands and the traditional rifle feel will probably always be my best fit. Like to try one one day though!
    PETER
    PETER

Post by PETER Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:51 am

Bullpups are something to get use to especially the cheek piece set-up. I have a working idea that will incorporate a normal cheek piece even if the mag is on the wrong side. SO --that's where i'm at ---a smooth twist bullpup- -at least for now--tomorrow ??
    Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

Post by Squirrel Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:35 pm

PETER wrote:Bullpups are something to get use to especially the cheek piece set-up. I have a working idea that will incorporate a normal cheek piece even if the mag is on the wrong side. SO --that's where i'm at ---a smooth twist bullpup- -at least for now--tomorrow ??

You ever tried ball shot? Out of a smooth twist? Seems like that would be a good combo.

I recently tried some .25 ball shot out of a RWS Career .25 Cal. Pretty heavy too. Can't remember how heavy right now, I guess I could get off my large arse and find it but point is that it shoot really well. I'm still working on the magic pellet for it but this one seems really close---migtht be the one with some tweaking.

You going to fab it your self?
    PETER
    PETER

FX smooth twist Empty yes -i'll make it myself...

Post by PETER Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:36 pm

always wanted a nice bullpup. I just don't like the stocks that come with them. I figured out how to incorporate a full cheek piece -now all i need is time to make it. I already have the scope/trigger mount, have the linkage - still need to make the trigger though. They say the barrel shoots very well. In Nov. there is a FX / daystatae challange after the Bench Rest match. I'll go to it to take a look-c. I'll try shot if I can't get groups of 3/8 and less

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 am