www.airgunsinc.org

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.airgunsinc.org

Enjoy a not-out-of-the box free thinking forum dedicated to discussing or buying/selling your hunt, gear, favorite airgun, tactics in regard to Air Guns from the newbie to the very experienced even if you're doing nothing more than collecting!

Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically at each visit:
:: I forgot my password

Contribute to www.airgunsinc.org

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 185 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

4 posters

[solved]Evanix Rainstorm Fill Probe Problem

Squirrel
    Squirrel
    Ranger Plus

[solved]Evanix Rainstorm Fill Probe Problem Empty Evanix Rainstorm Fill Probe Problem

Post by Squirrel Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:15 pm

I have had my Rainstorm for a while now. It's pretty impressive with number of shots and accuracy. I've got it under a Power Class 4x16-56 AO and it's deadly with 26 and 28gr Eun Jin Pellets. Haven't really had to try other pellets. I've never even turned the power up on it. Never needed to.

Regardless of my fondness for this Dark Side air gun, it's giving me a hissy right now.

Either I've lost the probe for it and am using the wrong one or there is something wrong with either the receiver port for the probe or something wrong with the probe itself.

Reason why I suspect the probe is because when I got it, it fit in the receiver port rather smoothly: To smoothly in my opinion. I always felt like it should have been a more snug fit. However, for the better part of the time I've owned it, it worked so, if it wasn't broke, I wasn't going to fix it.

But, then, after a time, I noticed that it would leak a little around the probe. I could wriggle it around and push it to one side and it would seal up and continue to charge the air tube on the Rainstorm. It did get worse the last time I did it and I made a mental note to look at the issue closer. (translated meaning I intended to procrastinate about it)

Well, my pest shooting target came back around one day and I went for my Rainstorm. But it needed charging so I went to fill it up and the darn thing wouldn't work with me to fill it up. It fit WAY to loose.

Now, I do have several probes and most of them have been replaced by quick connects. But PA told me that there was no quick connector for the Rainstorm so I've been using the probe on it---the only one I do except the RWS Career 707 .22 and .25 carbines I just haven't gotten around to buying the connections for.

So, my question is this: Can anything inside the fill port come loose? A seal insert or something? Is there anything that I need to look at closely on the probe itself? I've never really looked at them closely so I'm not sure if I'd know what to look for that should be there but isn't now.

Hopefully, I've just misplaced the correct probe that goes with it and have it mixed up with one of the 4 or 5 in my drawer fill of such odds and ends.

Opinions? Advice? Question

If it turns out that I can't find mine and am using the wrong one, anybody got a probe they want to sell or know where I can get one on the cheap? I'm tapped, guys. The cash flow is almost dried up here for a while. I'm going to have to buy batteries before I buy a probe and I can't swing both but I miss my Rainstorm!

Happy 4th everyone! bom cheers bom
    jaycee2010
    Club Member of the Ranges
    Club Member of the Ranges

[solved]Evanix Rainstorm Fill Probe Problem Empty Re: [solved]Evanix Rainstorm Fill Probe Problem

Post by jaycee2010 Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:54 am

Squirrel not sure about that particular probe but most of them have a couple of O rings on them, if they are worn or even come off it will not seal and give you problems. I don't think there is anything inside the port that would come off, there should be a small valve that opens under air pressure once the probe seals and you open the valve on your scuba tank. Check your probe and see if the seals on it are still there and in good condition, try a little bit of petroleum jelly on them, just a touch not a lot my friend, good luck with it, JC
    Johnny
    Ranger
    Ranger

[solved]Evanix Rainstorm Fill Probe Problem Empty Re: [solved]Evanix Rainstorm Fill Probe Problem

Post by Johnny Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:07 am

I have heard that a supplier should be bring them to Cyprus soon and because of the post i have seen it has me thinking that maybe i should give it a try as well.
    I have about a month to think about it because that is when they should be arriving here.
    If i do not get one i am sure i will be able to give a report as many are interested of purchasing different types of Evanix.
    Abda
    Abda
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Abda Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:50 am

Okay, I'd like to say thanks for all the suggestions about this issue.

That done I'd like to share:

It was a bad seal on the end of the probe. After careful inspection, there appeared to be small nicks in the outer edges of the rubber grommet (seal). You wouldn't think that this would be enough to create a leak but it was.

I scrounged through the junk pile (bag actually) and found several that I thought would fit. But it has to be EXACT for fit, not close---found this out also.

Any way, after several tries, I did find one that wasn't to big, wasn't to small, didn't have tears in it and, just like Goldy Locks, found one j-u-s-t right. I've just filled him up and tried out some Crow Magnum Hollow Points. Amazingly, I didn't have to offset my cross hairs at 30 yards since I've got it set for the Eunjin xgr (can't remember but they are heavier than the crow mags).

I'm a happy camper! cheers Very Happy bounce Very Happy cheers

But I'm running out of seals and the like. Might have to stock up on some to replace my bank of junk!

Thanks all for the help. I guess Neil (Jaycee2010) had it pegged.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 pm